Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
ajb5386
AF Newbie

2010 ford escape radio problem

Hey guys. I have a 2010 Ford Escape limited that i bought recently. A month after I bought it the radio just stopped working. The buttons are all non-responsive but the display is still lighting up and showing the temperature and the direction I'm going (North, south, etc.). Fuses and relays all check out. Then I heard something in my steering column/dashboard that was clicking nonstop when my car was off and keys weren't in the ignition. This lead to my battery dying and car needing jumped. Battery/alternator check out. Any idea what could cause these problems and if they are related? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
ajb5386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2010 ford escape radio problem

There is a relay that allows the radio to keep running for a couple of minutes after the engine is turned off and the doors aren't opened yet. I would suspect it in this situation. I don't know which one it is for your year, you'll have to do that search on your own. Sorry.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
ford , radio
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid