Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 AM   #1
mjackson23us
AF Newbie

Exclamation TOYOTA CELICA GTS vs. ACURA RSX TYPE-S and other Rivals:

I have a 2003 Toyota Celica GTS, I am very good with
driving my six speed, and speed shifting.
so far this is what I have raced and won,
and this is what I have lost,
and here are some 0-60mph figures to help you
get a good idea of how the 2000-2003 Celica GTS 6-speed
compares:
Toyota Celica GTS 6-Speed (180 hp) 2500lbs.
I have raced and beaten a:

VW JETTA 1.8t Turbo manual<-----smoked him bad, that pussy

VW Golf GTI Vr6 (required me to screech tires off the line)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero V6 (170 Hp) <----- this car has a good jump off the line, he had exhaust and intake, automatic transmission, but he stayed with me until about 25 mph when i hit 6000 rpms, i pulled from him fast...

Chevy Truck ( not sure what kind, but it was an older V-8, and
I know he had a 454 cubic inch engine that was tuned but his truck was big and looked very heavy)

HYUNDAI TIBURON GT V6 (181 Hp)

NISSAN SENTRA SER Spec-V (175 hp)

2002 Honda Civic Si (160 hp)

Acura RSX (160 hp) <------ Smoked this guy, he didn't have a type-s

Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS Convertible, V6 (210 hp) but heavier than GT coupe, Convertible weighs more, ( very close race) I had to screech tires off the line to beat him, we raced on freeway starting at about 40 mph, downshifted into second gear reaching 6300 rpms instantly, and pulled fast from him...raceing off the line requires a high rpm jump.

2000 BMW z3 Roadster, 2.5 inline 6 (184 hp) 5 speed manual,----Requires high rpm Launch, and still his car pulled about half a car length from a standstill, but slowly but surely i started to pull back when i reached higher RPM's, i was almost a full car length in front of him at close to 100 mph....his car was ahead of mine until 70 mph, and we were neck and neck until 80mph as I slowly pulled by him....race one of these on the freeway and downshift fast, you should be ok, but stoplight to stoplight you will get smoked....especially by the 3.0liter 225 horsepower version.... (the BMW z3 2.3) has the same 2.5 liter engine...only 170 hp comes out of it though....

Ford Crown Victoria V-8 (used to be a cop car, my friends bought it at a CHP auction) 240 horsepower, sadly it weighs 4000 lbs....SMOKED THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!, but don't go and try to run from the cops, because the radio and helicopter or faster... he had good punch off the line, but did 0-60mph in about 9.4 seconds,,,my celica can do it in 6.8 seconds...

Ford Focus SVT (170hp) Decently fast, pulled away from the first shift 1st. to 2nd, with a "chirp" and started pulling even more after that, i smoked it pretty bad but gave the guy props, he was a pretty quick shifter, this car is more rival towards a 2002 honda civic Si which does 0-60mph in about 7.9 to 8 seconds flat and has 160hp,
Ford Focus SVT REVS similar to a GTS celica, but does not generate 180hp, and is a bit heavier...FORDS also have bad reliability, but i give props to this car because Ford doesn't make alot of high revving engines like the mustang that redlines under 6000 rpms...thats no fun....

LEXUS IS 300 Automatic (215 hp 3.0 liter V6) i beat this car, barely, and it was automatic, it would be easier to smoke on a freeway where you can downshift and instantly be in high rpm's...i think if he had a manual transmission he would have been able to jump me off the line even more, off the line this car can move, but shortly after i chirped from 1st -2nd gear after pealing out i pulled closer and passed by him slowly at about 75mph....( i live in the Antelope Valley Desert, most people drive 65mph in the city, and much faster on the back roads, in case you are wondering....however in palmdale CA. and Lancaster, (antelope valley) cops are starting to come down on street racers.

2003 MAZDA 6 (220 Hp) 3.0 V6 Manual, I was surprised to beat this car with ease, wasn't much of a challenge, its about as fast as a Honda Civic Si, probably does 0-60mph in about 7.6 to 7.8 seconds. its kinda fast for a heavier sedan, but i expected more speed from the 3.0 V6, with 220 Horses, Come on!, and he had a 5 speed manual!!! he smoked his tires a little too much off the line and we raced again because he wanted a rematch...i beat him even worse the second race....his car was brand new and he was racing it with only 620 miles on the ODOMETER, which i don't recommend...Break your engine in slow for the first 1500 miles...and a broken in motor generates more horsepower, and revability....i broke my celica gts, didn't go over 3500 rpms in the first 1500 miles, and 5500 in the next 200 miles...at 1700 miles, i took it up to
its 8000 rpm redlines just short of the rev limiter, it was a day i will never forget....anticipation was really built up for the past 1700 miles of break-in time....

MINI COOPER 115 horsepower 1.6 4 cycl...(not a turbo)----this guy was seriously gay, and had a slow car....his car probably did 0-60 in about 9.0 to 9.1 seconds, and his was manual transmission, his car is really lightweight, thats about it though

2003 Mazda Miata 1.8 liter 4 cylinder 142 hp, This car was harder to beat than i thought, but still an easy kill, his car does 0-60mph in 7.8 seconds, but has a nice jump off the line when peeling out its lighter weight than my GTS celica...if it had more horsepower it would be a killer car....

SAAB 9-3 SE TURBO convertible 5 speed, 205 horsepower ---tough race, i think the heavier convertible slowed him down, plus he had alot of turbo lag his does 0-60mph in about 7.3 if he burns out and gets his turbo moving fast....

VOLKSWAGEN NEW BEETLE TURBO S 180 hp....decent but what an ugly car, and why would a guy be driving it...manual transmission adds faster acceleration, but not a sports car in my book....

2001 or 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder 138 hp ( very light weight but again, about as fast a the new hatchback Honda Civic SI with 160hp...if this thing had a 180 hp GTS engine, its 2200 lbs curbweight could rocket this thing to 60mph in the low 6's, but it doesn't come with that option, so therefore this thing can only do 0-60mph in about 8 seconds, 7.8 seconds for a fast shifting driver....

Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 210 hp.... Turbo lag sucks for this car,
but my friend raced me and i beat him, then he drove my car, and I
drove his GS-T and my celica beat me,,,,close race,,,NECK AND NECK
we went over 100mph,, and the cars were about 5 feet away from each other most of the way, of course the GTS celica in front!! ,,,

NOW HERE IS A LIST OF THE CARS THAT HAVE BEATEN ME:

this is the biggest rival of them all..................
THE ACURA RSX TYPE -S....2.0 liter 200HP engine ( this car pulled slightly from the line, but it seemed like when he hit 5000 rpms his i-VTEC kicked in and my VVTL-i didn't kick in until about 6000rpm and not fully until 6200rpm...so his car did beat me three times in a row, still a very close race about 5 feet in front of me at 80mph, and 10 feet further at 120mph, when i finally gave up...LOL...however this car doesn't get honda's reliability reviews that most hondas get, it comes in as average reliability 8 out of 10 internet reviews consumer guide, where the 2000-2003 toyota celica gts gets 10 out of 10 reliability which is what pushed me over to buy this over the Acura RSX type-s...plus i test drove both of them, and the Celica seems more fun to drive, and racier feeling... where as the RSX feels taller, and more conservative.
Still I like this RSX Type-s but it remains my main rival, I would like to see a Toyota Celica GTS with intake, exhaust and headers go up against a stock type-s and see the outcome, however i am keeping my GTS stock due to warranty reasons, and i don't like annoying exhause noise on long commutes...still the driver of this car was really cool,
and we both liked eachothers cars.... the 160 hp RSX is slow though, and basically sucks balls....

OLDSMOBILE AURORA V-8 4.0 liter 250 hp, This car hauls ass...and it was an automatic driven by an old guy probably 50 years old who wouldn't let me pass him on the free way,,, and I DOWNSHIFTED FIRST right into my high RPM's...He pulled slightly after he saw this and floored his car, i was right next to him when he started slowly pulling ahead, but right around 115 mph HIS GOVERNOR KICKED IN......And i pulled from him
nicely....either that or he decided that i was going much too fast for him, but it seemed like a governor because of the way he was looking at me....it was kinda stupid though because when i pulled in front of him,
we both slowed down to 80 mph to avoid getting a ticket, but i think off of the start this aurora could smoke my car faster than an RSX type-s would....when I am old, I want one of these......

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 5.7 liter V-8 405 hp.....Yeah he immediately smoked the shit out of me...i have never seen a car accelerate that fast and with out screeching the tires at all, he must of not floored it from the start because at around 20mph he really took off....he smoked me beyond all recognition......my penis shrinked a couple of inches that day....

HONDA s2000 ...2.0 240 Horsepower.....THIS CAR IS AMAZING...and EXTREMELY LOUD WHEN DRIVING FAST....I THOUGHT IT WAS A formula one Race car....very fast, but pretty similar off the line and before 4000 rpm's but faster above 4500 rpm's....AND AMAZINGLY QUICK above 6000 rpms to its 9000 rpm redline....HE was cool!!!

NISSAN 350z ......287 horsepower THIS CAR IS FAST...enough said

DODGE NEON SRT-4 .... This car is faster, from all ranges of speed, but is a peice of shit in my book....at under $20,000 you get an ugly car, with a highly un-reliable engine and crappy interior, but powerful horsepower and impressive acceleration....215 horses, and soon 230 horsepower..... This is a good car to lease for 2 years, but if you buy it expect to break down on the freeway within 5 years, and expect cheap workmanship....

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX turbo AWD 227 hp.....i expected this car to beat me...but it didn't do it easily i was surprised to see how close i was keeping up with it, it was a 4 door sedan, i had to peel out off the line while his made barely no tire screech at all , a slight "chirp" from probably one tire sense his has AWD....but I expect the new STI 300 hp version to be much faster, haven't raced on yet though....

MITSUBISHi LANCER EVO 7 271 horsepower, YEAH HE BEAT ME PRETTY BAD...but I expect the Subaru STI with 300 hp to put up more of a fight,...the evo is cool, but mitsubishi is cheap...so get the sub.

FORD MUSTANG GT v-8 260 HP.....THIS V-8 is WEAK ...it was an automatic convertible, and was a close match, it was about as close as the Subaru wrx 227 hp. it does 0-60mph in about 6.4 seconds i am guessing....a subaru wrx could beat this Stang' but those new supercharged cobra's are the best bang for your buck when it comes to horsepower....!!! dont buy this GT unless your a girl who can't shift gears....

thats all I can post so far...and yes I love to race....but I am planning on doing most of it on the track....and everything i do is in the middle of the desert or on low traffic freeways, so don't drive unsafe....
and give me your info on cars you have raced:
mjackson23us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
AF Newbie

Re: TOYOTA CELICA GTS vs. ACURA RSX TYPE-S and other Rivals:

Dude, you already posted this, and find something someone would actually want to read.
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:10 AM   #3
RoachGT
AF Newbie

so wrong in so many ways... sad you have to lie like that, to people you'll never meet
RoachGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:39 AM   #4
KLR Kev
AF Newbie

Now son...I've already had to own you on one occasion so take some advice and get something useful to post about. I generally try not to be a dick but in this case you've already posted once. This board is not to talk about stuff that has never happened, it's here for you to learn information about your car: mods being done, upcoming meets, etc. So get a clue and post something we would want to read. Thanks.
Knoxville, TN 37917
(865) 688-8552
www.teamklr.com
KLR Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
jspectype R
AF Newbie

your celica would get owned by most of those cars you mentioned , are you sure they knew you were racing ?? HAHA , race a gsr , for real , then post the results ....
jspectype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:35 AM   #6
GOldenTaurus426
AF Newbie

honestly how many people do you expect to believe this HORRIBLE post and waste of time. Although these races "happened" the only explainations for most of the ones that you beat is simply that A. they werent racing or B. they suck.
GOldenTaurus426 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica