Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 08:15 PM   #1
Capt Ernie
AF Newbie

Unhappy Foglight doesn;t lock into position

The driver side foglight fell out and was hanging by the power cable on daughter-in-laws car. I repaired the unit by breaking into it and re-installing the metal guide (must have shook off by vibrations of dragging along the road). I got the foglight back together (had to break into it and then reseal it).

My problem now is that I fixed the result (light works with power) but cannot get the light to lock back into position. This was probably the original cause of the problem. Any ideas. I took the passenger side out and re-installed and there is a distinct sound when it snaps and locks in. I cannot get the same out of the drivers side. I don;t see anything wrong with the mechanism when I look in??

Help, I know the dealer will charge $$$ for maybe the locking receptacle and labor. Is this a warranty item??

Regards
Ernie
Capt Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote