Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
blackcell3
AF Newbie

Burning Oil Pretty Badly

Well after a good deal of work ive finally gotten my car running almost problem free, however just recently it has started to burn oil pretty badly. Nothing at idle but press the gas at all and a decent ammount of blue smoke will billow out. I havent had this problem since last november i was having very small ammounts of smoke. Over the winter as it got colder it was not smokeing at all though, and with some moderately high tempteratures lately its started up again (worse than ever)... Just a side note all winter it held oil amazingly and i almost never lost any... As of right now im down 1/3 (give or take) quart in about 3 weeks. Is this my valve seals or anything of that sort? Why did it not smoke when it was cold? Any estimated repair costs? Thanks.
blackcell3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth