Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Elec
AF Newbie

Lamborghini, the DVD

Hi ive been reading these great forums for a long time and decided to finally post. and no sorry i dont own a lambo and cant provide any awesome pics

anyways my question is, has anybody here ordered and watched lambo dvd? http://www.lambocars.com/lambodvd/lambodvd.htm
im seriously thinking to buy it but id like to hear some opinions if its worth it. does it have any good footage such as lamborghinis being driven or abused to the max hehe or just slow films of lambroghinis standing in a museum? one of the reasons why i want to buy this dvd is because i want to hear clear sound of lambo's engine and see it go in tv not a small streaming video on my comp. thx for help!
Elec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #2
wings700
AF Newbie

Re: Lamborghini, the DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec
Hi ive been reading these great forums for a long time and decided to finally post. and no sorry i dont own a lambo and cant provide any awesome pics

anyways my question is, has anybody here ordered and watched lambo dvd? http://www.lambocars.com/lambodvd/lambodvd.htm
im seriously thinking to buy it but id like to hear some opinions if its worth it. does it have any good footage such as lamborghinis being driven or abused to the max hehe or just slow films of lambroghinis standing in a museum? one of the reasons why i want to buy this dvd is because i want to hear clear sound of lambo's engine and see it go in tv not a small streaming video on my comp. thx for help!
Hi: The video is a good one. Well worth the money IMOP. I have a brand new copy still in the wrapper that I will sell for $30 if you pay the postage.
unf1@cfl.rr.com Fred
wings700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Elec
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lamborghini, the DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings700
Hi: The video is a good one. Well worth the money IMOP. I have a brand new copy still in the wrapper that I will sell for $30 if you pay the postage.
unf1@cfl.rr.com Fred
it cost $25 plus $4 shipping on that site :/ but thanks a lot for the feedback on it. btw how do you know its a good video if its still in a wrapper? or did you buy more than one? if you did then its only $20 per additional, heh.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:28 PM   #4
Elec
AF Newbie

i guess nobody else have watched this dvd?
Old 07-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #5
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
i guess nobody else have watched this dvd?
Shame; i'd like a copy too, but there is no current distributor for the UK, nor can i get the US distributor to tell me whether is is available in Region 2 format...
CRXloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #6
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lamborghini, the DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings700
...I have a brand new copy still in the wrapper that I will sell for $30 if you pay the postage...
Quote:
...it cost $25 plus $4 shipping on that site...
Check this, Elec...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...913961722&rd=1
Old 07-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
Elec
AF Newbie

Ive never used ebay before, this might be a good way to start out on it by buying this dvd right? I assume its the company selling it on ebay or is it a private person?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #8
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ive never used ebay before, this might be a good way to start out on it by buying this dvd right? I assume its the company selling it on ebay or is it a private person?
I'm not sure if it's the same company; i wouldn't have thought so, considering the price difference.

There are many ways to get "duped" when buying on the internet, and eBay is no exception.

I've used eBay, (internationally), for some time now, and, (so far), have not had any nightmares with it. It's like any auction tho'; buyer beware.

A good measure of how genuine someone is, (as a seller), is their feedback rating. If you check this seller's feedback, you'll see that although he's not carried out a lot of transactions, they are all good and all as a seller. At the end of the day, it's up to you; if you're not sure about it, (having done a little "homework"), then don't use it...

Here is the, (abridged), e-mail that i was sent recently regarding this eBay item:

"Airmail is $7.95 to the UK. Region free just means that there is not any
region specific code that restricts playback to any particular region.

We've sold over 50 copies to date to the UK, and over 200 worldwide and have
not had any returns or problems, so I do not expect that you would have a
problem. However, we do offer a full money back guarantee if you do have any
problems whatsoever.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Brad Hicks
LamboDVD.com Sales
sales@lambodvd.com"
Old 07-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #9
Elec
AF Newbie

so i guess its the official company selling their product on ebay as well. sounds good to me thx for the detailed reply CRXloon!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #10
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
so i guess its the official company selling their product on ebay as well...
I wouldn't bet on it, especially as they have sold only 200+ copies worldwide: it looks to me like maybe someone has bought up quite a few copies wholesale, possibly even bankrupt stock from a liquidator's auction, who knows?

I expect i'll get my copy from them, in time. After all, it's not exactly a huge amount of money to run the risk of losing.

Good luck and be careful!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #11
Elec
AF Newbie

i checked the lambodvd user's history and there is 70 or so comments and each and every one is positive
i setup an ebay and paypal accounts today, my paypal stuff will be verified soon and i can buy. so when i put some money from my bank account into paypal, lets say 40 bucks, ill have that much on my paypal balance. so after i purchase the item, seller will send me his paypal info and i will simply send him the amount of money from my paypal to his, correct? im just afraid to mess up the payment :P
Old 07-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #12
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
...so when i put some money from my bank account into paypal, lets say 40 bucks, ill have that much on my paypal balance...
I think that's pretty much it: i've got my Paypal set up using a low-limit "spare" credit card. When i make a payment it is processed through this credit card.

Quote:
...so after i purchase the item, seller will send me his paypal info and i will simply send him the amount of money from my paypal to his, correct..?
Yeah, that's more or less it.

If/when you win the item, the seller usually sends you an invoice, which will detail how he/she likes to be paid. If Paypal is an option, (and the majority of sellers do accept payment via this method), then just follow the live link on the invoice which says "Pay Now", (or something like that), and follow the instructions. It's pretty fool-proof, although i daresay now i've said that i'll get flamed by people who haven't found it so easy.

If you don't get an invoice, log into your eBay account and you'll find an option against the item you've won which allows you to request the total from the seller. This then "gees" them up a little and they usually send you an invoice.

Failing that, a third method allows you to pay them without having been sent an invoice, as long as you know what the correct total is. I've never done this before, so cannot vouch for how successful it is.

At the end of the day, the payment system on eBay is geared to make it as easy as possible for a seller to get your money as quickly as possible, (in my experience); i still maintain it's hard to get it wrong!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #13
Elec
AF Newbie

Im using my savings account on ebay, currently waiting to confirm it
Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 PM   #14
allanlambo
AF Regular

Ive got the dvd, its pretty good. The girl part is cheesy, but the rest is good.
www.lambo-power.com
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #15
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlambo
...The girl part is cheesy...
I thought that might be the case...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD