Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Blak Magic
AF Newbie

First Car: 93 stealth ?

Hey,

Im 17 and buying my first car, yay :-p

All I want really is a fast off the line car, that will be GOOD in SNOW! Gas Mileage would be good too

I looked at a 93 Stealth ES Coupe 2d... 146,000 miles... a custom intake and a custom muff. is about it that it has for upgrades.

It wont come with a radio not even a stock one!

The leather insides are in BAD shape on drive side, its like cracked everywhere with a rip or 3 same with passenger. Thats no big deal I can get a seat cover.

What im trying to get at is, would this be a good car for snow, its front wheel drive. And what to offer the guy. I don't know of any problems with it, tires are good and all, I have to talk to him more indepth if you think it would be a good car.

He wants 5,000 for it. Well I am not stupid I know its not worth that cuz I looked it up on alot of sites. So what do you think I should offer him. Oh yea the paint is green and its OK, starting to crack in a few places. But really not bad.

And last but not least, if you think this car will be bad in snow ( I live in Maine!) What would you recommend. I want a CAR! No Suvs,Trucks etc. I am also looking at used Eclipse's.... Celicas... Mazada MX6's etc. When I look at the car are there specific things I should ask about, that usually break on stealths?

Thank you
Blak Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:20 PM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
A 93 ES with that many miles in that condition is not worth 5K unless you really want the car and don't like to save $$$. If you want a fast car and drivable in the snow - look at a used Talon or GSX. Stealths are great cars, but IMO they aren't for a persons first car and should only have been made in the RT/TT model to begin with.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 08-22-2003, 05:27 PM   #3
Im2Fast4U
AF Enthusiast

Don't listen to Yogs, he's one of the typical TT guys that thinks the other 3S cars aren't worth anything and who's answer to everything is "just get a TT" (No offense Yogs, you're still awright by me ).

Seriously, $5k is too much. My 93 base model had 70,000 miles and was in great condition inside and out (new exhaust, new tires and even new stereo) and it was stickered at $7K and we got it for 5. I'd say offer them $2800-$3000 and then haggle a bit. And don't let him convince you to pay extra for the intake and muffler, most people would want that taken off or want $$ dropped because of custom mods so feel free to say you want some $$ off because you're relying on someone other than the factory's workmanship. Oh and also, ask about the 60k tuneup and maybe even the (is it 160k? or 140K? shit I don't remember) and if they can't guarentee you it's been done and show you proof, have them take another hundred bucks off or so and make sure it gets done

Hmmm as much as I'd like to say yes get it, they are awesome cars (which they are) in Maine, I dunno. Yes the front wheel drive is good and the weight actually helps in snow but, atleast from my experiences, I still slid around alot in snow. Now, granted, I didn't have winter tires on but ya know. And as for being fast off the line, you would want a TT for that. You can't beat AWD. However, for a 17 year old, I'd be a little weary of having twins at my disposal (I am 17 and I feel this way so there ya go).

An ES would be a great 1st car. It doesn't have stupid HP levels and you can mod it and it will look a lot nicer than basically everything else out on the road

R.I.P. DAD NOVEMBER 3, 1952-NOVEMBER 25, 2002
I LOVE YOU
Im2Fast4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
Blak Magic
AF Newbie

My dad pays 900 bux every 6 months to insure me under a 97' saab 9000 turbo CSE

he said to get a sports car or something like that (stealth) would cost around 1400 for me and he wont do that so i prolly wont be able to get it unless i prove him wron :-p
Old 08-24-2003, 02:16 AM   #5
Im2Fast4U
AF Enthusiast

My insurance, unless I'm thinking wrong, is around $1100 a year (for you non math wizzes that's 550 a month). I might add I don't ahve full coverage though, only liability and the other one...shit I'm dumb tonight. O well. Good luck.

I LOVE YOU
Old 08-24-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
Blak Magic
AF Newbie

Where do you live, Thailand? Do they have 2 months in a year?

1100 for a year.... 550 a month? Did you = drunk

LoL thats funny man... im no math wizz either.

Dont drink and drive.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #7
Im2Fast4U
AF Enthusiast

Damn. Lol, you know I meant every 6 months. And no I wasn't drunk...well, I mean I don't remember posting exactly.....it's kinda fuzzy.

Does Thailand only hvae 2 months a year? Weird...... Ya see what happens when you try to help someone? Sheesh.

I LOVE YOU
Old 08-27-2003, 07:38 PM   #8
Blak Magic
AF Newbie

I wuz just playin wit joo! I thought it was funny lol!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #9
drjab88
AF Newbie

Re: First Car: 93 stealth ?

I have a 91 stealth es, and the insurance will be 1200 every 6 months for liability when i turn 16 ( which insurance rates are the same till your 18, so itll be that much ) and I would'nt pay 2000 for that car. I'm sure you could find nice tt stealth for that price.
drjab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #10
Im2Fast4U
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and the insurance will be 1200 every 6 months for liability when i turn 16
Wow, that's alot. lol.

Quote:
and I would'nt pay 2000 for that car. I'm sure you could find nice tt stealth for that price.
Funny, first, like others said, $2k for the car wouldn't be bad and I severely hope you're kidding when you say you can find a nice tt for ANYWHERE around that price. Maybe a tt without an engine or maybe just the engine and no body.... . For a nice tt with lower miles you're going to be looking at around $9-$13K.

But anyway, this was all started a while ago so I don't know why I'm arguing. Blak Magic, did you end up getting it and if so, what price (if you don't mind me asking)?

-Jeff

I LOVE YOU