Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
cmxterra
AF Regular

Unhappy Fun trip to the Nissan dealer...

Well..

Went to Courtesy Nissan to get my passenger exhust manifold replaced and found out that I also have a cracked radiator.

Yikes!!

I will get more info when I get it. Thank GOD for extended warrenties!!

These things float... right??
cmxterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Hey Carlton?

Were you leaking radiator coolant?

How's the GOXII DVD/CD/Video going?
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Carlton, you're listed as Memphis, TN to the left of your posts. What's up with that?

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:12 PM   #4
cmxterra
AF Regular

Re: Hey Carlton?

Quote:
Originally posted by rrdstarr
Were you leaking radiator coolant?

How's the GOXII DVD/CD/Video going?
Yup.. coolant could be seen leaking from the top portion of the radiator.

As for the video.. as soon as I can get my computer to stop dropping frames then I will be about to get it out to the masses!!!

Oh yea.. as for my sig saying I am in Memphis.. that is because I moved there..

:licker:

These things float... right??
cmxterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 11:02 PM   #5
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

There are more hills in Tenn. to climb!

Thanks for the update on the GOXII deal.
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Ya gotta drive 4 hours to get to decent hills in TN from Memphis though. The Mississippi river basin ain't much for hills! There's good stuff over on the Cumberland Plateau, including a decent 4x4 park in the Crossville area as I recall. Don't have any info, but I could probably dig it up if you wanted.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 02:08 PM   #7
Chris_McCracken
AF Regular

Yeah, TN does have some nice trails in the eastern part of the state. I was near South Pittsburgh, and in northern AL between Christmas and New Years doing some caving. Having a competent 4WD has completely redifined caving for us. Many caves that had been out of reach, being 5 or 10 miles down ATV trails, are now right outside the drivers window. It was pretty wet down there, though, apparently they had a lot of rain recently. Lots of "rice paddy" conditions. That makes it all the more interesting. I had a fun time getting the Dodge Ram and Dakota that were with us unstuck. Sorry no pictures..., much of our travel was after dark.
Chris_McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:31 PM   #8
jnapier
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to jnapier
caving

Chris,
So where did you go caving? Aquamander and I went a couple weeks ago to Rusty's Pit on Fox Mountain in Rising Fawn, GA. We should get a group of X's and do some TAG caves and camping. Anyone else out there cave?

Carlton,
I guess I'll tell my brother to stop looking for a white X with a snorkel at Courtesy Nissan. He lives about 2 miles away from there.
jnapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 03:35 PM   #9
Stormy
AF Enthusiast

CM - I thought you had a picture of the crack in the manifold, do you still have it?
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:23 PM   #10
Chris_McCracken
AF Regular

Re: caving

Quote:
Originally posted by jnapier
Chris,
So where did you go caving? Aquamander and I went a couple weeks ago to Rusty's Pit on Fox Mountain in Rising Fawn, GA. We should get a group of X's and do some TAG caves and camping. Anyone else out there cave?
We did mostly stuff in the Huntsville area this time. Surprise Pit in Fern Cave (pit is 400+, we only made it down 300 or so, as high water flow made it quite dangerous), Neversink (a given if we're in the area), and we tried to find Vast Caverns (no luck finding it due to bad directions, but confident we know how to get to it next time - requires extreme off-roading, and I was the only one that could make it). It was still gun season in Alabama, so that greatly cut down on the amount of exploring we could do. I'd definitely be down for a TAG trip just about any time, although I need a few weeks advance warning to save up gas money.
Chris_McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:05 AM   #11
travii99
AF Newbie

Cavin with Xterra's

Wow, other cavers! Iv been to one cave in Huntsville, Natural Well, the NSS people took me. If any of you ever want to go test your 4x4 wheeling down in Mexico, thats where I have put my X to the test getting to the high mountains where the caves are.. Texas doesn't really have any REAL trails, so we head south, or to the Guadalupe Mountains (for more caving).
travii99 is offline   Reply With Quote