Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
b_elad
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to b_elad
which car will be more enjoyable to drive?

Hello people,

I'm planning to buy a new car, this time a hot one, I need your help to know which car will be more fun to drive:
1. BMW 135i (or 140i) - a hot hatchback, with ~4,6 sec from 0-100 km/h.
its a rear wheel drive.
2. Audi rsq3 - a 4x4, small SUV. it has an advantage for me as I kitesurf to here and there I need to pass some off road, but its not a big deal as my wife has a 4x4 car so I can replace with here (it's less convenient but its possible).

So my question is which of 1 or 2 you will take, stressing the "fun to drive" factor.
I prefer to be focused of these two options, but if you feel like offering other cars I prefer it will be from this list: Mercedes GLA, Forester XT, Mercedes A-class.

Currently I drive Subaru forester, so my first though was to replace to the Turbo model, but I understood it is less fun in curves road and others.

Your help will be very appreciated.
b_elad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: which car will be more enjoyable to drive?

Any SUV of any size is going to have at least a slight handling disadvantage from the simple fact that they're more top heavy that a hot hatch. That said, my instinct would be to go with the BMW. It's quick and likely to be a lot more fun in the corners.
One other idea you've mentioned already is the Mercades A class. If you have the extra money to shell out, go for the AMG version. It features the most powerful 4 cylinder engine in production (355 horsepower) and you can get it with all-wheel drive. It's a great car, but it is pricey, much like most Mercedes AMG models.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
b_elad
AF Newbie

Thank you for your answer.
About the Mercedes gla, you like it more than the Audi rsq3? I heard the rsq3 is more sporty in terms of corners and so and the GLA is not comfortable even it has dynamics suspension.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
b_elad
AF Newbie

Now I got very focused, I need to chose between:
- Audi rsq3 (kind of SUV)
- BMW 140i

Please help! Which will be better ?

Elad

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A