Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Festiva
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 09:38 PM   #1
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
$1 Festiva

A true gift from heaven was bestowed upon a guy i know the other day, when a ford festiva was grasiously sold to him, 125000 miles, 5 speed, plenty of dents, but in running condition. i have drawn a fascination with these cars. This thing is amazing. It has 12'' rims!!! 12 inches!! 1 person can lift the right rear wheel off the ground, and festiva can be made into a wheel barrow if 3 people lift up the rear and wheel it around! The gas milage on these cars are unbelievible! 8 dollars will fill up a tank and although we rev the engine to the redline all day, it takes at least a week or 3 to kill the tank! The interior is suprisingly cushy, with plenty of room, but the trunk space is limited. Catching air, can and will happen while traversing through the abrupt hills of downtown.
:ylsuper

Festiva is definately a thing of beauty, in its own rights. It is a good bit of fun for $1, and it comes complete with a fully functioning e-brake, a great suppliment to fun times in this beautiful piece of engineering.

Future mods may include a railroad tie on the front so no one messes with festiva, and possible some lowering springs, which i believe can be obtained for less than 50$!!
3.5litermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #2
Robs gt
AF Newbie

Hey whats up kinda sound like your havin fun with this lil ford huh. my grandmother has a ford festiva its a 1990 and all it eeds is a battery and 100 dollars and its mine . i am 15 so i think it owuld be cool to have for a first car. well i was just lookin for someone with this car ot chat with i hope you post another reply soon well see ya later :bandit:
Robs gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
$100 sounds pretty good. This car has amazing gas milage and the interior space really isnt too bad. Does the one your getting have a manual transmissionn?
Old 01-08-2002, 06:51 PM   #4
Robs gt
AF Newbie

ha yeah that sis pretty good. um yeah its a manual and i like manuals better because i have a yamaha blaster which is a fourwheeler and i love manuals and have learnded so many thing s about transmissions and all in all i d rather have a standard. well ne ways. it will be like 150 for a battery and purchasing the car and then i plan to do some cheap stuff to make it look nice and then i will drive it for a while until i can afford a pontiac fiero 86 gt which i really want. theses are some of the things i wanna do to it

OUT side of car - New rims with low profile tires from sears.
Tinted windows. Yellow or Black paint.Crome exhaust tip or maybe whole new exhaust.New brakes. Street glow lights (Blue). ground effects. And on top of windshield i plan on trying to put a 6 inch black strip witht the word festiva on it in yellow letters if possible. Also get a spoiler for a hatchback.

IN side of car.Stereo with cheap wal mart speakers and a small cheap amp. clean it up really nice. new stearing wheel. new floor mats. and any thing else i can find really cheap at wal mart to make the inside or out side nice.

i would put more high quality things in it but i wont be having it all that long maybe a year or so untill i can save some money and find a nice cheap fiero.

my uncle went to florida to drob an old friend off after his vacation for a week here to see us and we live in massachusetts so mass to florida. it was night time so he was doing like 90 in the festiva or how ever fast they go and he was trying to get back to mass asap so his other friend with him had to fill up his truck a bunch of times and it cost them like over $100 to keep filling there gas tank. My uncle was in the festiva and only had to fill the tanks 3 times so he only spent $7.00 each time and round trip in gas coast my uncle $21.00
Robs gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:59 PM   #5
pod
AF Enthusiast

i have an aspire and they are dirt cheep insurance, gas, tires, and the car it self redlineing it everywhere it takes 300 mi to empty i once had a 500 mi gas tank just driveing on the interstate at 55 these cars are amazeing
Old 10-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
XPNSYD
AF Newbie

Yeah I have 5 Festivas This is one I also Have a 90 GL,91 L,88 L and a 89 L.
But then again I own Fordfestiva.com LOL

Dj
XPNSYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:03 AM   #7
autoplaneguy
AF Newbie

fordfestiva.com

thanks for a great site, wish I still had one , we ve had a 88, 89, 90,
and 92.all bought under 2000.00 and the 88 for 500.00 (forgot my daughters 93 paid 4000.00 for that one GL with a/c then a dodge ram
hit her 2 months later )-----still would buy another if I come across it, guess I am not the only one who likes them!!!!!
autoplaneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #8
fajita23200
AF Enthusiast

Re: $1 Festiva

I'm not a Ford man.But those cars seem like they could last quite awhile if taken care of.Cheap on gas,ins, well, I don't know they're so small .Do you think the'd charge you a little bit extra , because if you got in a wreck,it would be ugly???
fajita23200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
RavagePenguin
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RavagePenguin Send a message via MSN to RavagePenguin Send a message via Yahoo to RavagePenguin

My mom bought one when they first came out. It had over 200,000 miles on it and was still running like it was brand new! Man we took that thing on the backside of one of the roughest mountians in Arizona and it survived. The top speed on it was 110 M.P.H. now that is fast for a car that only has 63 HP.Too bad she sold it though. Man I want one

Last edited by RavagePenguin; 03-22-2004 at 01:15 PM.
RavagePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:14 PM   #10
the doctor
AF Newbie

Anyone trying to sell a festiva?
I'm in the market to buy one, if it's in SoCal.

-Paul
San Diego, CA
the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #11
Duncan626
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Duncan626 Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan626
Re: Re: $1 Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajita23200
I'm not a Ford man.But those cars seem like they could last quite awhile if taken care of.Cheap on gas,ins, well, I don't know they're so small .Do you think the'd charge you a little bit extra , because if you got in a wreck,it would be ugly???
Well, they're really Mazdas underneath. So all you'd have to do is take off the Ford badges...
Duncan626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
clerick
AF Newbie

I was under the impression that they were mostly Kia under there.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Festiva