Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
View Poll Results: Just how fast have you been?
up to 100mph (haven't we all?) 24 9.72%
101 - 120mph (not bad) 58 23.48%
121 - 140mph (getting there) 77 31.17%
141 - 160 (been there...) 52 21.05%
161+ (you go girl!!!) 36 14.57%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 07:11 PM   #151
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

of course I will the 1.6 is reliable isn't it ?

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 04-17-2003, 12:36 AM   #152
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJustinZ28
my first car was a 87 camaro v8 sc (had it 6 months then got rear ended by a bronco !!!) , I took it to top speed which is somewhere in the low 130's I believe , wind was coming in through the window seals , im lucky I didnt get pulled !!!! Never taken my newer car above 85 however as I have grown wiser (and im terrified they'll take my car !!! I love my car). Top speed for an 84 z28 with the Automatic is 145 , who knows , one day I might give it a shot

oh yeah I almost forgot hehe , 1 week after I got my liscense I was driving my moms 1991 or so Ford Taurus (my mom had one , my dad had 2 , needless to say I hate them!!!) well It was late at night and I was curious what moms POS taurus could go..... Got to 88 least thats what the Highway Patrolman told me :zx11pisse .....
fortunately he gave me a warning . Never been caught speeding again
hello big Justin ... Nice car and nice color ... Blue is my favourite color ...
Old 04-17-2003, 12:45 AM   #153
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke

The Subaru is a 1969 360 (the one in my avatar is also a 360 but an earlier year) it has a 356cc 25hp engine and 70mph is the top speed (unless you're going downhill)

Montana is almost in Canada, it's at the northern edge of the U.S.
very cute .. has bettle body style .. .. how about the fuel consumption?

Is Montana near Portland?
Old 04-17-2003, 12:58 AM   #154
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster

2.5 litres and 190bhp stock- but now putting out around about 215bhp.

and I was in Jakarta in 1996 on a business trip and Bali in 1999 for a vacation- I don't care about any dumbassed bomb-blasts- I'd still go back to Bali- it was an awesome place, very beautiful indeed.

and Stephanel- Nice choice Hopingthat you will have a trouble free motoring experience
hemm .. nice engine .. what did u do with that to increase the HP? .. were u going with chip tuning and mufler or header? ..

Jakarta has 4 lanes and 3 lanes highway but so crowded and many times jam ... and when u back to the normal road u have to always deal with crazy buses, trucks, and cars that like to cut your lane anytime ... hahahahahah ... and in jakarta u can grow old on the road becoz of traffic jam almost most of times ... hehehhehehe .. ... classic problem for the big city I think ... ... jimster .. last christmas and last new year u should go to Bali .. the Hotels give about 50% to 80% Discount even the 5 stars ... A very good deal .. becoz nobody wants to go there ... hehehehhe ... only local come at last new year .. .. Did u go to Bedugul (the Lake at the mountain side)?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:09 AM   #155
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by BMW-Hamann

hemm .. nice engine .. what did u do with that to increase the HP? .. were u going with chip tuning and mufler or header? ..

Jakarta has 4 lanes and 3 lanes highway but so crowded and many times jam ... and when u back to the normal road u have to always deal with crazy buses, trucks, and cars that like to cut your lane anytime ... hahahahahah ... and in jakarta u can grow old on the road becoz of traffic jam almost most of times ... hehehhehehe .. ... classic problem for the big city I think ... ... jimster .. last christmas and last new year u should go to Bali .. the Hotels give about 50% to 80% Discount even the 5 stars ... A very good deal .. becoz nobody wants to go there ... hehehehhe ... only local come at last new year .. .. Did u go to Bedugul (the Lake at the mountain side)?
Intake, Air filter, Muffler, Exhaust, Header, camfshafts, cam gears and chippping have all been done- and I've voided my warranty- but when you are the GM of a dealership- you don't have to worry about any of that stuff I never got to visit Bedugul- but from what I hear it is an awesome sight.

Stefanel;- the 1.6 is VERY unlikely to give any problems

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 04-17-2003, 11:39 AM   #156
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Intake, Air filter, Muffler, Exhaust, Header, camfshafts, cam gears and chippping have all been done- and I've voided my warranty- but when you are the GM of a dealership- you don't have to worry about any of that stuff I never got to visit Bedugul- but from what I hear it is an awesome sight.

Stefanel;- the 1.6 is VERY unlikely to give any problems
nice Mod .. ... with all that Mods I don't thing the HP only goes to 215 HP .. might be more ... ... hemm .. nice position as GM ...

Bedugul quite good .. there is a hotel exactly next to that lake .. the temp between 20-23 degree of celcius .. I don't know how to convert to farentheit .. ..
Old 04-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #157
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:

nice Mod .. ... with all that Mods I don't thing the HP only goes to 215 HP .. might be more ... ... hemm .. nice position as GM ...

Bedugul quite good .. there is a hotel exactly next to that lake .. the temp between 20-23 degree of celcius .. I don't know how to convert to farentheit .. ..
I lived in New Zealand and now live in Italy- hence I only use Celcius when talkig about temprature

I'm doing a dyno test in the weekend- I'll keep you updated

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 04-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #158
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Subaru claimed 66mpg, but in real life 50-55mpg is what you'll get with it.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #159
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

hello big Justin ... Nice car and nice color ... Blue is my favourite color ...
Thanks Hamann , I know I love the color , I think it one of the best looking blues I ever have seen , when I repaint the car I think Im going to use the same color , I think its a mixture of chrysler royal blue and a little metal flake , that what I think the original owner told me , he painted the car him self , i need a repaint though , its going on 6 or 7 years old and is starting to flake in places it got chipped (under the bra is bad , why it was on there , the bra didnt do it but when it got bad I had to cover it). As for the car , I love it I cant think of anything in the price range I'd ever trade it for

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:39 AM   #160
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

I lived in New Zealand and now live in Italy- hence I only use Celcius when talkig about temprature

I'm doing a dyno test in the weekend- I'll keep you updated
hahhahah .. ok .. coz if u ask me to convert it than i am in the dark ..

gooodd .. I believe your car will be more than 215 .. how many degree of camshaft do u use? 272? ..
Old 04-18-2003, 11:28 AM   #161
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
Subaru claimed 66mpg, but in real life 50-55mpg is what you'll get with it.
2stroke .. 50-55 mpg still quite amazing ..
Old 04-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #162
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Thanks Hamann , I know I love the color , I think it one of the best looking blues I ever have seen , when I repaint the car I think Im going to use the same color , I think its a mixture of chrysler royal blue and a little metal flake , that what I think the original owner told me , he painted the car him self , i need a repaint though , its going on 6 or 7 years old and is starting to flake in places it got chipped (under the bra is bad , why it was on there , the bra didnt do it but when it got bad I had to cover it). As for the car , I love it I cant think of anything in the price range I'd ever trade it for
you're welcome Big Justin .. .. if u want to repaint it try to consider wet looks finish .. .. mine has darker blue and I like it very much too .. .. where did your car got all the chipped? from the Freeway? .. ...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:31 PM   #163
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

hehe no dirt roads , a girl I knew wanted me to take her back into Nags Head Woods here in NC , its not really a good road for any sports car but my car cleared the little hills fine , at low speed. Didn't know the dirt was so loose every time I'd slow down it would start to get stuck so I kept going about 30 through the woods , was a fun rough drive if anything,but when I got out the car and saw what happened to the nose I almost had a heart attack.
I thought about maybe adding some pearl to it so it would be glossier I keep it waxed pretty good but I'd like it wetter. All depends on how much money I have when I paint her. I havent finished with the motor yet , when I have it at a horsepower level I feel I'm happy with I'll go ahead and have the car painted and I'll start to seriously show it. I show it now but its nowhere near mint enough to win a serious car show

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:20 PM   #164
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
hehe no dirt roads , a girl I knew wanted me to take her back into Nags Head Woods here in NC , its not really a good road for any sports car but my car cleared the little hills fine , at low speed. Didn't know the dirt was so loose every time I'd slow down it would start to get stuck so I kept going about 30 through the woods , was a fun rough drive if anything,but when I got out the car and saw what happened to the nose I almost had a heart attack.
I thought about maybe adding some pearl to it so it would be glossier I keep it waxed pretty good but I'd like it wetter. All depends on how much money I have when I paint her. I havent finished with the motor yet , when I have it at a horsepower level I feel I'm happy with I'll go ahead and have the car painted and I'll start to seriously show it. I show it now but its nowhere near mint enough to win a serious car show
ok .. just be gentle with your car justin .. hehehe .. .. some pearl will be good too .. and what do you do with the engine? r u modifying it?
Old 04-19-2003, 12:07 PM   #165
bigfrit
AF Enthusiast

The fastest I have driven is about 235 KMH going flat-out on the Autobahn in Germany, using the BMW 323 Ci, It felt as going 5000 KMH with my Renault 25 !, but what an experience !

Olivier

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General