Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Monaro
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
HKS_Man
AF Newbie

Who else has a Monaro

Just wondering who else has a Monaro, me i've got a 2002 CV8 Monaro that i've had done up. It has had a LS1 full edit tune, Vortech V2 supercharger, Trust intercooler, Trust BOV, HKS Wastegate, HKS Hyper exhaust system, Ported and polished heads, warm cam, K&N pod filter, Bosch fuel pump, Malpassi rising fuel regulator and a Bosch fuel cell put in it. Inside I have had a 4 Recaro racing seats put in, MOMO gearknob, MOMO steering wheel and a set of MOMO racing pedals, i've had 3 Autometer gauges put in Boost, Exhaust Temp and Oil pressure and a Monster tacho with shift light. The stereo is standard at the moment but will be getting upgraded soon. I've had big 19" TSW Volcanoes fitted and a custom bodykit. I've also put Harrop brakes on 6 piston front with 365mm rotors and 4 piston with 350mm rotors and braiided brake lines, the suspension is upgraded too with Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks. The thing is a beast, I have not yet done a 400m in it but will do soon.
HKS_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Crazy_Teen90
AF Newbie

Re: Who else has a Monaro

Sounds mad as, little bit more worked then my dads car, it isnt exactly a monaro it is a Coupe' 4(awd LS1). He hasnt done any work to it yet but planning to blow it early next year. 282kw, 0-100km in 6 seconds, 477nm of torque, Cool silver .....but unfortuneatly it is auto.... ooh well, still does some nice circle work and throws u back in your seat nicely.

With Regards
Jay
Crazy_Teen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Don't own one, but have pretty much driven every type of the newer Monaro's thats come of the line.

CV8's, CV8-R's, CV8-Z's, a few v6 models (!...) but the best ones are the HSV models. Got to drive a worked GTS a few weeks back, not sure on the actual output of it, but it was one of those 300kw models with a fair bit of work done to it.

In case your wondering how I have gotten to drive all these cars at 16, I work for Holden.

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #4
mmcleo11
AF Regular

HKS Wastegate?? HKS Hyper Exhaust System?? Malpassi Rising Fuel Pressure Regualtor??
Hangon... Your car is supercharged, so no HKS Wastegate would be fitted to your ride. HKS do not make an exhaust system to suit the Monaro or Commodore for that matter... and where did the Malpassi Rising Rate Regulator attach seeing as the Gen3 motors do not have a fuel return hose for emission reasons and the LS1 ECU knows this(it controls pressure)

I seriously doubt the work done to your car, got pics? I work for ACP Magazines and if it has what you claim it has, I can probably get you in Street Commodores or 2DMAX...

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
HKS_Man
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcleo11
HKS Wastegate?? HKS Hyper Exhaust System?? Malpassi Rising Fuel Pressure Regualtor??
Hangon... Your car is supercharged, so no HKS Wastegate would be fitted to your ride. HKS do not make an exhaust system to suit the Monaro or Commodore for that matter... and where did the Malpassi Rising Rate Regulator attach seeing as the Gen3 motors do not have a fuel return hose for emission reasons and the LS1 ECU knows this(it controls pressure)

I seriously doubt the work done to your car, got pics? I work for ACP Magazines and if it has what you claim it has, I can probably get you in Street Commodores or 2DMAX...
I'm sorry you fell that way dude but HKS do make wastegate and blowoff valves for supercharges you just didn't know about it, if you don't believe me ill geta picture of it and upload it along with dyno sheets and pics of the engine bay.
HKS_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_Man
I'm sorry you fell that way dude but HKS do make wastegate and blowoff valves for supercharges you just didn't know about it, if you don't believe me ill geta picture of it and upload it along with dyno sheets and pics of the engine bay.
Still does not explain the HKS exhaust system, a wastegate is a exhaust gas bypass for a TURBO and what about the Malpassi rising rate fuel regulator, when the ECU controls fuel pressure at the fuel pump/tank?? Have a look, there is only one fuel rail and no fuel pressure return!!

I am sure I would know about it... My step-brother works for HKS in Japan and my workshop distributes the stuff!!

Far as I am concerned, you copied a whole bunch of impressive stuff out of a magazine and posted it on the internet

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
Wackyamotor
AF Newbie

I've only seen a couple over here in the UK. They sure make there mark. You can here them a mile away. Completely made.

God Bless V8's
Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #8
kruegers ls1
AF Newbie

I also have a 02 cv8,Its been maffless tuned,got pace makers,2 1/2 twins,hi flow cat back,havent done my cold air yet but will tax time also getn some new wheels.Roll on tax time,allready pushen 315 rwhp.
kruegers ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Monaro