Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Monaro
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
LS7_HSV?
AF Newbie

HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)

Hi all, im new to the forum and already i've noticed that you guys have either never heard of a HSV or just couldn't bothered.
Anyway a HSV or Holden Special Vehicle is basically super tuned holdens but with different styling and very different motors. E.G:
Holden's Monaro has a 260kw 5.7L engine,
Holden's Commodore SS has a 250kw 5.7L Engine and a
HSV Clubsport has a 297kw 6.0L LS2 big banger far more powerful than a Hemi V8 or a Chevy Big Block. But there's more Chevy and Holden/HSV have being working in Co-Operation and have developed a far more powerful engine called the LS7. It will still be a V8 but with a much higher output of 373kw. Now ladies and gentlemen that really is a huge evolution for holden/HSV. Now let's see Ford top that
LS7_HSV? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
HKS_Man
AF Newbie

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but Holden are planning on scraping the Monaro after the end of this year, i'm not sure if it is just a rumour but my old man has heard the same rumour.
HKS_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
VT_girl
AF Newbie

Re: HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_Man
Sorry to burst your bubble mate but Holden are planning on scraping the Monaro after the end of this year, i'm not sure if it is just a rumour but my old man has heard the same rumour.
heard the same thing .. possibly being made every 5-10 years but only being sold for a yr at a time to keep them rare .. not sure tho
VT_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
Crazy_Teen90
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)

It's is offical, i know i am probably late ot this, but offical it is. With the release of teh Limited Editon "Z" seris(CV8Z, SSZ), the monaro will soon be out of production altogether to go alongside in holden history with some of our favourites.....

Until there ressurection in teh future R.I.P Monaros, we will always remember your coupe' beauty.
Crazy_Teen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
HKS_Man
AF Newbie

Re: HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)

I think they scraped the Monaro because of its cost to make, the Monaro doesn't have it's own production line, Holden stopped one of the line at the Fisher mans bend factory so they could produce the Munro but then it backfired and they started losing money on it. The point that was brought up about the 5-10yr building is true as far as i've heard so heres hoping it goes to plan
HKS_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Monaro