Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > Older Vehicles > 4000/100/A6/S6
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
cosmo82
AF Newbie

stereo code problems

i have my stereo code but the car stopped letting me enter it. why?
cosmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
MikeLee2484
AF Regular

Re: stereo code problems

if you enter the wrong code in a certain number of times, three or so, then you cant re-enter the codes for a few hours, it might be 12 or maybe 24. if you entered the wrong codes a few times, just give it some time, that usually works. but if not, then sorry, i dont know.
MikeLee2484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
wpatters1229
AF Regular

This may not be the right place but I just bought a used Audi 100 1991 that has the Audi radio and the card with the code is gone. But the radio does not turn on or is this the result of not having the code. Anyone know what that is all about?
If I decide to replace the radio how do I get it out of the dash? I can't find any screws?
wpatters1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #4
stv840
AF Newbie

In regards to the last question the radio is removed with two forks that are u shaped they are different from ford forks but look the same make sure when you buy the tool you buy the audi one its a little narrower also thouse radios just go black when they are locked out it might just need the code the dealer might know the code based on the VIN and radio serial # there is a procedure to entering it and it can be diffucult if the digotal face is stating to wear. Also I thought thouse cars had specific anti theft requirements for a replacement radio
stv840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
wpatters1229
AF Regular

Smile Re: stereo code problems

I do not want to keep the radio since it does not have a cd player. Do you mean that if I do remove the radio the alarm to go off and never stop? Where do you buy this tool? At a Audi dealer? Can it just be made with a coat hanger? It looks like there are just 4 small holes and if you push in on all of them at the same time it will free the radio. Is that how it works or is it something else.

Thankshttp://staticaf.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif
wpatters1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
stv840
AF Newbie

Smile Re: stereo code problems

Yes it is the 4 holes to remove the radio
the tool is pretty in exspensive I paided $20 for a kit which includes newer european cars the ford radio tool is about $8 and is a lot more common but will not work for audi have or had both cars
I wouldn't use a coat hanger as you will have a lot of trouble and could damage some things
Short and sweet buy the tool make sure it's the Audi tool and it will be an easy job
THE SECERITY on the radio I am not sure about some cars the radio will only work in that car others the stereo will only work with a factory radio or some major changes
stv840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
OnThePike

Would you guys prefer this topic moved to the Car Audio forum? You might get more detailed responses there that aren't necessarily vehicle-specific.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > Older Vehicles > 4000/100/A6/S6