Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
Giov
AF Newbie

1998 Lincoln Continental Wiper Control Module

In a previous Post Towncar advised an individual with non functioning wipers to not attempt to replace the wiper control module as a DIY project since once installed the module had to be coded.

I replaced the engine in my 1998 and when I started and checked out the car everything worked except the iwipers (but the washer worked).
I checked the fuse (Number 10) -good
Checked motor connector 13.4 V resistance reading varied but not in accordance with recommended readings
Checked the switch all readings (with and without rotation of switch) met recommended resistance recommendations.
Replaced the wiper motor as a precaution with new motor and still no wipers

QUESTION: If as Towncar stated, the Control Module has to be coded when installed/reinstalled does it work the other way:
Wherein replacement of an engine would require recoding of the module?
IF that is not required then can someone tell me how to access the module - removed left paneling, removed center console (Radio/Heat), could not figure out how to remove right lower dash paneling. Can anyone advise on thwat or at least verify where the module is located - could not find it on internet.
ANY/ALL advice welcome
Giov is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental