Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:59 PM   #31
street essentials
AF Newbie

Re: fast & the furious 3!!

What:Underground car show
Where:Fayetteville,NC
When:October,2,2004
Why:Need support,this will be strictly underground so invite all crews

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT LEON WALDENT AT
910-487-5569 OR 910-987-3985
street essentials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #32
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

I would say the biggest engine to come out of Japan in a stock road ready car would be the 1UZ GTE in the Toyota Soarer 4.3... Soarer came it two version, 1JZ GTR which is the 2.5 litre Turbo version... And the 1UZ 3.0 4.0 and 4.3 litre versions... Soarer in American is the Lexus SC series for those of you who didnt know.

I guess Zed would be JDM Muscle. Never thought of it.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #33
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32
might be a long haul from NJ for me, but id like to hit it up

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
StealthZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #34
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Street Essentials... May I throw up a "What the fuck" flag?

Why not start a thread?

Fuck faggotville! Wilmington Motherland forever!

just messing just messing... You may see me and my crew out there.

-Wes

Old 06-23-2004, 09:06 PM   #35
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Damn its not often you see someone in these forums with the same Area code as you...

Nine-One-0 bitchs!

S.X.E

-Wes

Old 06-23-2004, 09:07 PM   #36
StealthZ32
AF Regular

yeah time for a new thread. peace out bro's .....entirely kidding when i talk like that

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
Old 06-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #37
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Stealth, come down man... We need to show these Fayetteville ricers what cars are!

Im getting all the Zeds I can to roll over there.

"3liter engine... Whats that?"

-Wes

Old 06-23-2004, 09:10 PM   #38
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i have heard form a few people that my car is jdm's muscle car. along with the supra. i would love to come to the car meet i would like to come to all car meets, but most of them are never near me.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #39
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
I realize rthis thread has gotten off the original thread topic on the last page, but I wanted to post my thoughts to the original thread topic anyway (I have read the eintire thread).

Now, for anyone hoping to see a Z32 in a future F & F movie, I would hope you are kidding or havn't thought it though. Every cars that's in F & F seams to suddenly attract the bandwagon crowd. The people who don't really care about cars, don't know a thing, don't really want to know...the "hey, they look cool and are in a movie, so I want one" attitude. It's quite sad.

The 300ZX is a beautiful car, it has looks, power, handling...it's the whole package. Yet the beautey is this car is still where most of these cars were BEFORE F & F...unregonized by all but the true car enthusiast. A true car buff knows the 300ZX is one heck of a car, but all the posers have no clue. I like it that way.

In one aspect, most exposure like that may seem neat, but be careful what you wish for or t may come true. How many car's went from unknown to the bandwagon effect due to these movies?

The answer, every one. Now everyone wants a Skyline or Supra, yet knows nothing and cares not to learn. They think all Esclipe's are "the bomb," failing to realize that any DSM without GS-T or GS-X on the back is in fact a neon motor and drivetrain in an Eclispe body...hardly (pardon the pun) "fast or furious."

Suddenly, everyone knows the EVO, never mind the fact it's been ruling the World Rally Circut for a decade, in it's various incarnations. How many of these people realize the reason the GS-X and GS-T Ecsilpe is any good is the same reason the Evo's are all good...a 4G63. These movies pollute the car scence with wannabe's who don't care and just want to be cool, half the time with "mom and dad" bankrolling it.

I remember when I first bought a car finally, a Civic. No one had a clue about "Honda power", and everybody didn't buy one and "trick it out." Like with most cars, it was a sort of labor of love. Then things started to get worse, and that d*mn movie did it in...everyone wanted one. Suddenly the cheap, easy to work on fun gave you a bad name to drive. Everywhere you look is some lime green Integra with a gutter sized wing.

The 300ZX is a great car, and plenty of good cars have gotten a bad name or been and had the ranks polluted by these "movies." I would hate to see a car like the 300ZX follow down that path. You can't change the past and keep the wanna-be's from ruining the names of "other cars," but it would be a relief if the Z32 never had to go down that route. Right now, only the real car buffs know about the Z32 and it's true potenial...let's keep it that way.

Last edited by eckoman_pdx; 06-23-2004 at 10:13 PM.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #40
StealthZ32
AF Regular

yeah ill see what i can do sam.. about stopping down there. thatd be hot to see a ton of Z's pull up to a show. well have to get a good meeting place or something and all cruise down together

R.I.P 2008
Old 06-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #41
igota20hpweedeater
AF Enthusiast

well put!
igota20hpweedeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:54 PM   #42
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

good good post eckoman. my friend is getting a gst or gsx and he doesn't really know anything about cars. even though he is my friend, i am still going to lauch at him when he blows his motor cuz he didn't take car of it.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:08 PM   #43
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Fun 2F2F fact...the charger kept flooding out during that wheelie scene...ha ha ha.

As for a car show, I'm fuckin there...pimpin the ol' skool Z, yo...er...something like that...either way...I'm there. I live in Northern Kenfucky (Southern Ohio, I like to call it), so if anyone is passin through on their way to NC from the west, lemme know and we can ride part of the way together instead of all these stray cars everywhere. I already can't wait!

Oh yea...another "if I were mod" scenerio...how cool would an "upcoming meets" sticky be? *Bows*...please...please...hold the applause......j/k.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #44
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by igota20hpweedeater
well put!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonaleash1187
good good post eckoman. my friend is getting a gst or gsx and he doesn't really know anything about cars. even though he is my friend, i am still going to lauch at him when he blows his motor cuz he didn't take car of it.
Thank you It had to be said.

On another note, I hope your friend figures out what he has and learns about it before he ruins it. At one point, we all didn't know much. To a certain extent, it's how enthusiastic you are, how much you are willing to research and learn, that really helps determine things.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:32 AM   #45
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

You know what helps?

Being broke as ****!

Gives you plenty of time to research!

I could recite head bolt torque specs for the VG months before I got my car

Same thing happened before I got my 240sx in high school. Now they are "drift cars" as if they had some magical property that made only S13s driftable...idiots...you wouldn't believe how many times I got asked "Do you drift, yo?"

Why I'm not serving 10-20 for second degree man slaughter I'll never know...and frankly I think that if you don't know how your car works and aren't trying to learn you shouldn't be driving anything.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)