Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Vinpok
AF Newbie

1995 G2 intermittant rough idle and stalling

I have a 1995 G20. recently it began to intermittantly stall and idle very rough. I have to keep pumping the gas to keep it from stalling. It will not accelerate and the check engine light comes on. If I let it sit overnoight it does runs fine the next morning.

Your ideas and recommendations are appreciated.

Vince
Vinpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
RNRea
AF Regular

Re: 1995 G2 intermittant rough idle and stalling

First see what code comes out of the computer. I assume that you'll need an OBD-II compliant code reader, although perhaps one of the auto parts stores will offer this service (the Auto Zone stores around here will read the codes for free).
RNRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
ELOrocks17
AF Newbie

I seem to be having the same problem

I have a 94 Chevy Conversion Van, and over the past 2 months or so I have a real difficult time keeping the engine from stalling out on me when i am stopped. Often i have to re-start the van 4 or 5 times just to get it out of the driveway. Once I am going, there is no problems, only when i am stopped at a red light does the engine start to stall out. The "Service engine" light only comes on when i am going over 55 mph(?) Firestone wants to charge me a minimum of $85 just to hook it up to a diagnostic machine, and the Dealership wants me to let them keep the Van for 3 days before they can look at it....anyone know whats going on here?
ELOrocks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
automobilefreek
AF Newbie

Something like that would be a problem with the fuel injectors. Not enough fuel is getting in the cylinders. It is just border line with my Chevy 1980 box truck. It has like 3-5 pops stalls for half a second and does the same thing, but at least the thing runs on its own. And If it's a Carb, Re adjust the idle, ha ha, just remembered about the idle.
automobilefreek is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van