Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 02:49 PM   #16
Ben Adams
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 Lumina SS

But I wonder is it passable to change or remove the traction system equipped with the car ?
___
Ben Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:21 AM   #17
mmughal
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Re: 2002 Lumina SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Road
but now Lumina SS is replaced by the Lumina S
same body but with 16 inch alloys (instead of 17inch) and a V6 215bhp that is on the LS & LTZ models
Hello
I am thinking of getting Lumina LTZ 2003 model, tell how is Lumina overall is it a good car?

Will wait for your reply

Regards
mmughal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #18
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bel7ail Send a message via Yahoo to Bel7ail
Re: Re: dumb mo fo's

[quote=The Burning Rom]Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

For anyone that is serious here, check out these links.

your just jealous, cuz i wouldn't think u'd call me a liar, unless ur just rude like that :-\
Bel7ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:21 AM   #19
The Burning Rom
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to The Burning Rom Send a message via MSN to The Burning Rom Send a message via Yahoo to The Burning Rom
Re: Re: Re: dumb mo fo's

[quote=Bel7ail]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burning Rom
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

For anyone that is serious here, check out these links.

your just jealous, cuz i wouldn't think u'd call me a liar, unless ur just rude like that :-\
No..I'm not jealous. And YES, I would call you a liar. I don't care of that makes me "rude". I'm not on this board to make friends. I'm here to help people with their car problems.
1990 Metallic Blue & Silver Grand Prix LE Coupe
1979 Blue Dodge Ramcharger
The Burning Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:08 PM   #20
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bel7ail Send a message via Yahoo to Bel7ail
Re: Re: Re: Re: dumb mo fo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burning Rom
No..I'm not jealous. And YES, I would call you a liar. I don't care of that makes me "rude". I'm not on this board to make friends. I'm here to help people with their car problems.
I dont need to prove anything, cuz i don't think u'll belive me, even if i showed you pics of it, and i dont mean pics off of websites or show rooms, int a9lan *3aby o mahbool o marjooj o malek da3ey yebn elsharmoo6
Bel7ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:59 AM   #21
il_3abee6
AF Newbie

Wink Re: 2002 Lumina SS

I doubt this car will ever make it to the US, its stuff with emissions laws. Here in the middle east the emmisions laws r way less(Duh!!!). To tell the truth its not that expenive to import ( not to me neway), here in kuwait its like 5,500 Kd that works out to about $16,000.
This car is a monster, Its Fast and handles like a dream, but if u want to import it, im tellin ya dont, coz its built for our weather, we dont have ANY corrosion problems here( so everything will just corrode if u import it, coz we dont have much humidity here), but look on the bright side u get a hell of and engine cooling system. Mine is still Stock, but im gonna put some real shit in it soon, stupid question but,,, do u think itll be able to pull a ATV in the back.....?!? or will it just screw the gears.
il_3abee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:00 AM   #22
Raveramix
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Pathetic

I am and everyone seems awsomed by this but actually it show how sad the situation is. How hypocryte of them to say that ppl don't want to buy passenger cars only suv's and pickups. Look at the crap they been offering us for some years. And they goto behind our back cool power/RWD cars to the enemy shit middle-east that would sell like crazy here while they feeding us weak-ass V6 FWD. Nice american compagny. I guess there isn't anymore shame in in exporting america that american don't have access too. You should think of this next time you go and by a pickup.

See, now that theres so much suv's and pickup in gm's lines, they have no place for big motor cars because of the pollution quota. Thats y theres still that wimpy cavalier that should of been canned 15 years ago.

Everyone is tired of jap import. Lots of ppl want to go back to big bore RWD and actually feel real power. Don't we feel left out? No now they are giving us the Cobalt... pee ewww. HA
Raveramix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #23
il_3abee6
AF Newbie

I took a look at the dealers, the price for a Full Option Lumina SS is 8,500 Kuwaiti Dinars, which is 28,500 - 28,800 US Dollars, they may be cheaper in other gulf countries like the U.A.E., but still combine that with the shipping costs it shouldn,t be too much, I also took a look at the brakes, If you want the car to stop you better get new discs and a new brake managment system will help too, the stock brakes are not drilled AT ALL, and the Brake management system stays way , way ,way before locking point, so the brakes are never strong enough when you need them, normally this type of brake system would be good for any car, just not a SS, its suicidal what was GM thinking when they put THESE brakes on THIS car., This car may be strong and everything but everything that has anything to do with slowing down was probably designed for a Mitsubishi Galant. PLUS the speedometer is in kilometers not miles per hour, u might wanna change that, as for everything else, u find out when and if u get 1, who ever you are, who am i talking to , o ya my fans out there , remember i wont forget the little people when im famous
il_3abee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #24
conley
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to conley

I want a Lumina SS... I've heard of them before. Holden gets so much cooler cars (With the exception of the Vette) than Chevrolet does!
conley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:50 AM   #25
shabab7
AF Newbie

Cool Lumina SS Club

Well if Porsche can have a club and Corvette can have one too why cant Lumina SS as there are alot of them in the U.A.E?? If interisted please mail me. Lets see if we could start a SS club or not. This would also include all make of SS and the Camaro's.
shabab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:53 AM   #26
shabab7
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2002 Lumina SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Adams
But I wonder is it passable to change or remove the traction system equipped with the car ?
___
Hey Adam my name is Shabab and I live in Dubai and am a proud owner of a 2003 Lumina SS. The traction control is definately an extra gift from Chevrolet. If it did'nt have it do you know how often and how much money I had to spend on tires?? And low profile AVS Yokohama tires have a hefty price tag. Turn the traction of when you want to have a little fun but turn it back on once you have had the fun....lol.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:57 AM   #27
shabab7
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_3abee6
I took a look at the dealers, the price for a Full Option Lumina SS is 8,500 Kuwaiti Dinars, which is 28,500 - 28,800 US Dollars, they may be cheaper in other gulf countries like the U.A.E., but still combine that with the shipping costs it shouldn,t be too much, I also took a look at the brakes, If you want the car to stop you better get new discs and a new brake managment system will help too, the stock brakes are not drilled AT ALL, and the Brake management system stays way , way ,way before locking point, so the brakes are never strong enough when you need them, normally this type of brake system would be good for any car, just not a SS, its suicidal what was GM thinking when they put THESE brakes on THIS car., This car may be strong and everything but everything that has anything to do with slowing down was probably designed for a Mitsubishi Galant. PLUS the speedometer is in kilometers not miles per hour, u might wanna change that, as for everything else, u find out when and if u get 1, who ever you are, who am i talking to , o ya my fans out there , remember i wont forget the little people when im famous
You are definately right on about the brakes. They do have their problem. GM will skim your discs and change your pads untill the car hits 60,000kms as then GM will say change your discs change your pads and the list goes on. I have complained about the brakes on the Lumina SS 2003 6 times to the dealer. The dealer is just waiting. They have done nothing so far.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #28
WaTzUp!
AF Newbie

Hi Guys!

Am new to this forum...found it really interesting
I live in the UAE too and own a Lumina S..my dad wouldnt let me go for the SS but now i plan to trade in with the deadly SS Coupe....
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #29
mobistan
AF Newbie

5.7 v8 animul too scared to full throttle
any one can help with starting problem fuel pressure ok where will i find the pcv valve cranks 6 or 10 times and on the second start tiks over in 1 secs
mobistan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina