Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Reviews
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
munna
AF Newbie

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T

Affordable Performance Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T

In 1993 the all new Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T replaced the successful R32 GTS- T. Little brother to the all conquering GTR the GTS25-T is more affordable and still a thrilling ride. It features a more modern new shape with smooth lines rather than the sharp edges of the previous model. The new looks were debatable some liked the newer styling of the R33 and some preferred the harder edges of the R32.

On the road with the R33 the first thing you notice is how smooth the R25DET engine is power delivery is linier and the car pulls hard from 3000rpm to the 7000 rpm redline. The manual coupe version will propel you from 0-100 in 6.18 seconds and complete the quarter in 14.4. Maximum power is 187kw at 6400 and a max torque 295nm at 4800.
The RB25DET is a ripper and featured technology ahead of it time. The 2.5 liter turbo intercooled straight 6 features a twin cam head with variable valve timing on the intake side.

Handling of the coupe is great with a good balance between comfort and a sports like feel. The rear of the car steered by a system called HICAS which works by calculating the speed and angle of the car through the corners. This feature seems to minimize under- steer and kept the car flat through the corner. The rear on the car is equipped with a viscous LSD and steps out ever so progressively when pushing hard. This makes the car easy to control but if pushed to hard it would be easy to loose the rear end. The skyline is a medium size coupe weighing in at 1360kg and when cornering its a great drive but not quiet as direct or nibble though the bends as the lighter R32 was. But light suspension modifications improve handling significantly.

In Australia a good series 1 GTS25-T can be picked up for around $17,000 and a series 2 for around 20,000. With standard features including electric windows and climate control I thinks it is great value for money. With light modifications to the engine and suspension this car can be turned into a street weapon. For more information I recommend visiting http://nissanskyline.6te.net.

R33 GTS25T - Full 3" Exhaust, SAFC2, Hybrid intercooler, 10.5psi boost.
195.7 rwkw
munna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
auTHOMobilia
AF Regular

Re: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T

Hello,
In a matter of a few days, I happen to stumble accross 2 of these Skyline R33.

http://authomobilia.blogspot.com/201...s-belgium.html

I like them, and they are pretty rare in Belgium, most being right hand drive.
See you soon,
auTHOMobilia.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
kitama
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T

this is why i like nissan car.. that performance is different from other cars

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Reviews