Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 08:59 AM   #1
citpaj
AF Newbie

Question Lumina Keyless Remote Programming

After reprogamming my Lumina keyless remote system (for a new remote) the headlights no longer flash when I lock/unlock ... does anyone know how to restore this behaviour? Thanks.

PJ
citpaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
kamal_elmasry
AF Newbie

Exclamation How did you do it?

Could you tell me how to program the key-less remote for lumina please.
thanks.
kamal_elmasry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
citpaj
AF Newbie

Transmitter Programming:

Perform this procedure when any of the following conditions exist:

The RKE programming connector (BLK/WHT wire) is grounded (CKT 1455).
The RCDLR is replaced.
A keyless remote transmitter is replaced.
A second (up to a total of 4) keyless remote transmitter is added.

Programming Procedure :

Important:
If the vehicle has more than one keyless entry transmitter, ensure that all of the keyless entry transmitters are programmed during the same programming sequence. Any keyless entry transmitters that are not programmed will not work correctly.

Open the rear compartment lid.
Pull aside the right side compartment trim in order to gain access. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.
Use a jumper wire with alligator clips in order to ground the RKE programming connector. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the RCDLR has entered the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
While the programming connector is still grounded, program each of the keyless entry transmitters, one at a time. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first keyless entry transmitter. Hold the buttons for 10 seconds. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the keyless entry transmitter has been programmed.
Repeat Step 4 for the remaining keyless entry transmitters. You may program as many as 4 keyless entry transmitters.
Remove the jumper wire from the RKE programming connector terminal.
Verify that the keyless entry transmitters operate correctly.
Install the right side rear compartment trim. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.
Close the rear compartment lid.

SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES:

1) Despite the manuals vagueness about the location of the RKE programming connector, it is fairly easy to find. It is small black plug on the end of a black and white wire, taped to the main wiring harness with electrical tape, about half way between the base of the antenna and the rear of the car.

2) You should ensure that you have a good ground connection ... initially I didn't have a good ground and couldn't figure out why the RCDLR didn't lock and unlock the doors (i.e. go into programming mode).
citpaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
kamal_elmasry
AF Newbie

Re: Lumina Keyless Remote Programming

Hi citpaj,
Thanks a lot for your help, I tried to find the RKE programming connector as you discriped but I didn't find it because my car is lumina van 93 so I guss that the RKE programming connector may be located at defferent place,
any one has information about that I'll appriciate it.
Thanks a lot
Kamal_elmasry
kamal_elmasry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
lilzay88
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to lilzay88
Thumbs up

I just wanted to thank you for the instructions on programming a keyless entry remote for a lumina. I have a 95, so I wasn't sure if it would work, but it did. Your instructions were very helpful and probably saved me alot of time, and I know they saved me money.
So, thanks......again.
lilzay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 10:35 PM   #6
Klementine
AF Newbie

I have a 2003 Yukon SLE and need to reprogram a keyless remote. I found one thread that says 2000 and newer, but I want to make sure.
Klementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #7
rsomers
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lumina Keyless Remote Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klementine
I have a 2003 Yukon SLE and need to reprogram a keyless remote. I found one thread that says 2000 and newer, but I want to make sure.
Klementine: To program a 2003 Yukon:
You may enter up to 4. You must have all in posession at the time of programming. (up to 4). All previous codes will be erased.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Push and hold the UNLOCK button on the driver's door (do not let go, yet).
4. Turn the ignition as far ON as you can without starting the vehicle, turn to OFF, then back as far as you can to ON, and back to OFF.
5. Release the UNLOCK button. ( the vehicle's locks should lock and unlock automatically at this point)
6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter at the same time, until the locks automatically lock and unlock. (this may take up to 30 seconds)
7. Repeat step # 6 for all additional remotes.
8. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.
rsomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #8
skipcar
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by citpaj
Transmitter Programming:

Perform this procedure when any of the following conditions exist:

The RKE programming connector (BLK/WHT wire) is grounded (CKT 1455).
The RCDLR is replaced.
A keyless remote transmitter is replaced.
A second (up to a total of 4) keyless remote transmitter is added.

Programming Procedure :

Important:
If the vehicle has more than one keyless entry transmitter, ensure that all of the keyless entry transmitters are programmed during the same programming sequence. Any keyless entry transmitters that are not programmed will not work correctly.

Open the rear compartment lid.
Pull aside the right side compartment trim in order to gain access. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.
Use a jumper wire with alligator clips in order to ground the RKE programming connector. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the RCDLR has entered the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
While the programming connector is still grounded, program each of the keyless entry transmitters, one at a time. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first keyless entry transmitter. Hold the buttons for 10 seconds. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the keyless entry transmitter has been programmed.
Repeat Step 4 for the remaining keyless entry transmitters. You may program as many as 4 keyless entry transmitters.
Remove the jumper wire from the RKE programming connector terminal.
Verify that the keyless entry transmitters operate correctly.
Install the right side rear compartment trim. Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End.
Close the rear compartment lid.

SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES:

1) Despite the manuals vagueness about the location of the RKE programming connector, it is fairly easy to find. It is small black plug on the end of a black and white wire, taped to the main wiring harness with electrical tape, about half way between the base of the antenna and the rear of the car.

2) You should ensure that you have a good ground connection ... initially I didn't have a good ground and couldn't figure out why the RCDLR didn't lock and unlock the doors (i.e. go into programming mode).
Will this work for a '96 Lumina sedan?
skipcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
Data-Man
AF Newbie

Question Re: Lumina Keyless Remote Programming

Hey I need to program my New remote with my lumina 99. I read the instruction but im not that techy can some one please help me with the following?

You mentioned "Refer to Compartment Side Trim Replacement - RH Rear in Body Rear End"
But refer to where I mean where is that.. a book? where could I get it can any one lead me to it...

Where is the "RKE programming connector" exactly and what does it look like? Any pics any one?

Sorry If I sound dumb but I really appreciate your help!

Data-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina