Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hummer (AM General) > Hummer H1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2000, 01:27 AM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2000, 01:30 AM   #2
enzo@af
Old Mod

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
Old 12-09-2000, 04:02 PM   #3
nospower2001
AF Newbie

its very cool!!! i had a set of 35 inch boggers on my 75 gmc 4x4 and those tires would dig, dig, dig, and then dig some more. those are truely the perfect tires for one of the greatest offroad vehicles ever made
nospower2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2000, 10:26 PM   #4
enzo@af
Old Mod

Quote:
Quote: unite@af ( 10:39 am on Dec. 14, 2000 )

I would just like to point out that the last picture of the truck is bad***. Why? The guy put 38' SS Boggers on it... How cool is that?!
Wait...there's some driving through lakes, one crawling over some massive boulders, and the pick-up in the last pic is like 75% vertical....and his tires are the cool part? You know, Unite, in some ways you and I are very different people.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:43 PM   #5
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
Its cool cause its not stock... All the other Hummers were stock. I mean duh a normal Hummer is totally cool but when you start to pimp out the already pimped out offroad vechile you are a bad mo-fo...
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 08:10 PM   #6
Dimex
AF Newbie

You're also a bad mo-fo if you build your own offroad monster. I saw a Jeep Wrangler with a Viper engine swap in a magazine once. That's cool.

----------
1 Corinthians 7:14
Dimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 09:39 AM   #7
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
Nice pics Enzo... Sorry I havent been around for the last couple days... Its finals week. I would just like to point out that the last picture of the truck is bad***. Why? The guy put 38' SS Boggers on it... How cool is that?!
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:29 AM   #8
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

If I had one I would leave those tires alone, that is, if it came with the CTIS/runflats/beadlocks. Now THAT'S go-anywhere versatility.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 04:34 PM   #9
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
If I had one I would leave those tires alone, that is, if it came with the CTIS/runflats/beadlocks. Now THAT'S go-anywhere versatility.
In europe it's not any go-anywhere vechicle because we have some so narrow streets that it actually won't fit on any tires... :silly2:
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 02:02 AM   #10
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
the CTIS/runflats/beadlocks.
Exactly, that's better than any boggers, no matter what size.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:52 AM   #11
Suboobaruwrsex
AF Newbie

All those trucks in the pics look like they have 37's. Most Hummer owners keep the same size tire so that rubbing isnt an issue. I have a stock size tire on my H1 with a bigger wheel. Tire 37 X 12.5 Super Swamper SSR. My wheels are 17" up from 16.5". New ones are alluminum vs. steel. With the old set up each wheel and tire weighed about 110 lbs. Had the dealer put on the new ones so I dont know the weight. The reason I didnt put on the new ones, I am scared to f-up the CTIS. The front tires rub on the hood when the suspension is fully compressed. The wheels are from California Gold, SMA Diamond plate rocker panels, Warren 12,000 lb winch with SMA fairlead, SMA heavy duty brushguard, SMA light bar, PIAA 80 Pro XT lights, SMA alluminum interior, Alpine CVA 1006 head unit, Alpine 6 disc cd changer, Alpine nav unit, Sony explode speakers, Hummer jump seat, extended rear top (mine is an open top), K&N filter, and a Rhinolined Snorkel. The stock beadlocks are inside the wheel unlike most other beadlocks. The runflat system is really unique. It is a bullet proof system. Inside the wheel there is stiff rubber ring around the wheel, about 4 inches tall. That is what the truck rides on if the tire blows out. It dosnt have hardend side walls like most conventional run flats.

Nick
Suboobaruwrsex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:19 PM   #12
FXman
Banned

Re: Pictures

yes they are very amazing cars, my uncle in Lake Tahoe, California has a Hummer H1 and when i was 31 he took me four wheel driving in his, it was very cool driving throught 5 foot mud and going almost vertical, im more of a performance guy, but i like to do some off roading thats why i just got a 2003 Range Rover, and next week me and my friend are taking it out too this Land Rover club and were gonna go out with a guid and learn to do some serious four wheel driving!
FXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #13
hmcoleap
AF Newbie

Interesting - it took me 5 years to find this site, but those pictures from the first post in this thread are from my own personal website... my truck has changed a bit since then:

Regarding the convo about tire size, most Hummer owners who are serious about wheeling have installed a mild body lift so they can run at least 38" tires without clearance issues. I have a 2" lift, and I am running 38.5" TSL/SX's up front and 38.5" Boggers in the rear right now, but I plan to step up to 40's this Spring.

-Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo@af

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.

http://www.serious4x4.com

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
hmcoleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #14
hmcoleap
AF Newbie

Sounds like your front springs are shot... 37's shouldn't be rubbing on the hood under full compression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suboobaruwrsex
All those trucks in the pics look like they have 37's. Most Hummer owners keep the same size tire so that rubbing isnt an issue. I have a stock size tire on my H1 with a bigger wheel. Tire 37 X 12.5 Super Swamper SSR. My wheels are 17" up from 16.5". New ones are alluminum vs. steel. With the old set up each wheel and tire weighed about 110 lbs. Had the dealer put on the new ones so I dont know the weight. The reason I didnt put on the new ones, I am scared to f-up the CTIS. The front tires rub on the hood when the suspension is fully compressed. The wheels are from California Gold, SMA Diamond plate rocker panels, Warren 12,000 lb winch with SMA fairlead, SMA heavy duty brushguard, SMA light bar, PIAA 80 Pro XT lights, SMA alluminum interior, Alpine CVA 1006 head unit, Alpine 6 disc cd changer, Alpine nav unit, Sony explode speakers, Hummer jump seat, extended rear top (mine is an open top), K&N filter, and a Rhinolined Snorkel. The stock beadlocks are inside the wheel unlike most other beadlocks. The runflat system is really unique. It is a bullet proof system. Inside the wheel there is stiff rubber ring around the wheel, about 4 inches tall. That is what the truck rides on if the tire blows out. It dosnt have hardend side walls like most conventional run flats.

Nick

http://www.serious4x4.com

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
hmcoleap is offline   Reply With Quote