Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #31
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240 Petition

your a boon, no less than 400 hp stock. Tis the rumor, from nissan, not a random ass forum king. No they dont need a v8. Like i said, its the "best" skyline ever made(performance wise). All you looks judgers are just gay.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #32
LT1-Power
Banned

ok where am I wrong, 400hp.... that is not enough

it will be slow, and you can bet your ass its not going to be less then 3500lbs.

like I said all the big dogs are going beyond 400hp, and for 90 grand its really going to be f'n slow. A base model c6 corvette with a LS2 will probably be faster, I hear the new M3 is going to be v8 based also, the M5 has 500hp now. There are a lot of Mercedes with 500-600hp from the factory. Vipers have 500hp, Z06 has 500hp... all these cars are going to straight up own the new GTR man, all while being in the same ballpark of price or actually being cheaper.

I stand by this statement, they need a bigger more powerful enging in the GTR, I don't care if its better then the older one and has 120 more horsepower, a flagship sports car with 400hp won't be that competitive against today's standards.
LT1-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #33
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
Ok...

Your V8 Biased comments arent really whats needed around here. Youre thinking that only a V8 can push power. Please get off your LT-1 or LS trip. I would take a car that can out handle and own you on the track. Stock C6 vs Stock GT-R..sorry to say but your 500hp RWD isnt gonna be able to touch the GT-Rs 3.2L V6 TT w/ AWD and AWS on anything that has a turn. The GT-R legacy isnt all about pushing crazy horsepower. Its about building a foundation that has the potential or it has seemed in the past generations of the GT-R. Also Ive heard people talking about how the C6 gearing is so retarded that its a horrible Daily Driver.
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #34
orestes
AF Fanatic

dude get the fuck out of our nissan forum we like our nissans we have faith in them we think it will be cool we will see when it comes out this is just useless speculation on what it will beat and what it wont beat. and i dont think it will even go to 90K so that puts it cheaper than any AMG benz, and the M5, and what i have seen is 450 HP and 4 wheel drive, so i think it MIGHT BE FAILRY COMPETITIVE. if the setup is done right the 50 hp wont matter for shit. like you fucking know all this cars weaknesses before it even comes out.... and you might have to pay 90k to get one but that is the highest number i have seen qutoed so i doubt MSRP will be all the way up there.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #35
LT1-Power
Banned

if you like Nissans they why the fuck are you against NISSAN V8's? is there just something about v8 that gets at you? lol

They need to put the f'n Titan 5.6 motor with turbos in it... that would put it on another level then the v6....thats all Im saying. Its not going to be THAT fast compared to some other cars that cost way less.... I don't think it will sell a lot personally.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #36
orestes
AF Fanatic

im not saying a vk56dett wouldnt be raw as fuck but i think they are going to be able to get plenty of power out of the motor they chose. and the car would probably cost even more if they went with the 5.6 TT. and you are right i bet the C6 Z06 will be slightly faster times but maybe just for drag we will have to see about lap times on the track.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #37
orestes
AF Fanatic

and secondly maybe some people like the idea of nissan sticking to developing 6 cylinders for racing more rather than doing V8's which, as you say, seem to be getting more popular. yes its different but you will have to accept that fact. if you have such a big problem with it why dont you call up Carlos G. and complain

Old 10-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #38
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: 240 Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1-Power
They need to put the f'n Titan 5.6 motor with turbos in it...

Jesus that would be awsome... Even the VK56 with Big Cams and Opened up for Sports Use would make me shit my pants.

As for beating the Z06 around a track... prolly not... the Z06 is a track slut. I think the new GT-R is supposed to be more of a M3, Mercedes, Aston Martin Grand Tourer stock. But with big tire and maybe some boltons it should be able to keepup / beat the Z06.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #39
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Putting anything but a straight 6 would be shitting on the Skyline legend, but anyone in the new car business couldn't give less of a shit about that, so whatever....and if you want 500hp stock, buy a Viper.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #40
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: 240 Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
Putting anything but a straight 6 would be shitting on the Skyline legend.

Yeah, but so would letting the skyline fall behind the pack in terms of speed.

the 2000GT-R laid down the law on Porsches back in the day. the R32 laid so much pwnage down that FIA made a new class for it. The R34 was Relatively slow stock for how minimalist it was.

Id rather the new GTR lay the smack down with a VK56 or VQ than have to fall back on "Heritage" everytime I get beat down by an Aston or Porsche.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #41
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
Nissan...

Nissan is also producing a Sports truck so I wouldnt doubt it if the GT-Rs engine doesnt end up in that Truck.
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #42
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 240 Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
Yeah, but so would letting the skyline fall behind the pack in terms of speed.

the 2000GT-R laid down the law on Porsches back in the day. the R32 laid so much pwnage down that FIA made a new class for it. The R34 was Relatively slow stock for how minimalist it was.

Id rather the new GTR lay the smack down with a VK56 or VQ than have to fall back on "Heritage" everytime I get beat down by an Aston or Porsche.
Good point, but I hope to god it's a real manual.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #43
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

signed!

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #44
Elk
AF Regular

I don’t see a RWD 240 coming back, I mean forget convincing Nissan I’ve had arguments on this website where 70% of the people thought FWD was just as good as RWD and if you wanted to drift all you have to do is pull the E-brake.

The petition isn’t going to do anything. The only thing that will convince Nissan to bring back the 240 is a shift in demand for RWD cars. If you want the 240 to come back find a new RWD car that you like (like the Solstice) and buy it, when Nissan see it’s competition making money of RWD cars that will convince Nissan to bring back the 240.

Vote with your wallet, not some stupid internet petition.
Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #45
LT1-Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
I don’t see a RWD 240 coming back, I mean forget convincing Nissan I’ve had arguments on this website where 70% of the people thought FWD was just as good as RWD and if you wanted to drift all you have to do is pull the E-brake.

The petition isn’t going to do anything. The only thing that will convince Nissan to bring back the 240 is a shift in demand for RWD cars. If you want the 240 to come back find a new RWD car that you like (like the Solstice) and buy it, when Nissan see it’s competition making money of RWD cars that will convince Nissan to bring back the 240.

Vote with your wallet, not some stupid internet petition.
you bring up good points man, especially about buying new RWD cars, what if all the sudden people just started buying shitloads of RWD cars and hardly any FWD cars.... they would make more RWD cars for sure.

Im telling you, the next company that comes out with a good cheap RWD car with aftermarket support might be the next Honda for the later 2000's and 20010's. The only cheap RWD sports car is the solstice, hopefully it is good. I can only see the performance market going more and more to RWD cars in the next 5 years. All the magazines are covering more of it, tv shows are more and more into drifting, hell even the old guys mention it, and there are a lot more drifting competitions now, which should continue to grow.

Every car company needs to offer some sort of halfway spirited RWD sports car for under 20k to cover emerging markets. For instance, if the S15 silvia was sold here new right now for 20 grand, that car would probably be the best selling car during these years. Instead those potential car buyers are shown Focus', Civic's, SE-R's, SRT-4's... u get the idea. A lot of people who COULD buy a new car would rather stick with a used car they don't sell anymore that they like better for their price range, or they get the shit end of the stick and settle for that new car smell.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX