Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 75 84.27%
RSX type S 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 05:00 PM   #46
antidote11
AF Newbie

Heres the fastest thing I could find.

"That verve is alive and well in the Si version of the car. Gone is the 160-hp K20A3 engine, replaced with a modified version of the K20A2 we find under the hood of the RSX Type S. " Honda Tuning Magazine

And you can go to this thread here and see that the RSX Type S engine code is indeed a K20A2. Read through the thread and take a look at some of the links......and to be honest, i have never even heard of a K20C, maybe that's in the Hybrid Civic or something, but not the Type S.

Thread About RSX Engine Codes
antidote11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 05:11 PM   #47
antidote11
AF Newbie

Also scroll down and click on the picture attachment that someone scanned from the service manual for the RSX Type S. That should be proof enough.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:19 AM   #48
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by antidote11
Also scroll down and click on the picture attachment that someone scanned from the service manual for the RSX Type S. That should be proof enough.
right........ the only thing is its stamped on the block of my friends type-s rsx motor......... I am a witness, I have seen the block stamp and it reads K20C. k20a2 is the specified name b/c the motor is part of the k20a series, Although the block code is K20C. from the crate pamphlet as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k20c.jpg (2.5 KB, 239 views)

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:47 AM   #49
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

Curb Weight with a Manual Transmission is 3085lbs, with automatic transmission its 3140lbs (the wagon lbs is more) whats really tight about the automatic is its system of traction response or Variable Torque Distribution (VTD). VTD utilizes a planetary center differential in conjunction with an electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch, hence forth better trac. sytem. also all WRX models have a viscous limited-slip rear differential stock. (also the K20A is a base model rsx motor in the US and a type R teg in Jap.) - Honda engine codes are confusing as hell. (oh yea here's rsx Base Curb Weight 2694lbs on k20a in us and on a k20c type S Curb Weight is 2767lbs)
the wagon is 80 lbs heavier than the sedan. 80 pounds well spent i say, cuz its behind the rear axle, and it makes it a lot less understeer-y. so it may be heavier overall, but ive driven both, and in my opinion the wagon handles better on stock suspension.

and yeah that is cool about the auto, but you know what sucks about the auto? its 90% front power distribution for the new rs/ts, and 55% for the wrx, while the manual of all models is 50/50.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:52 AM   #50
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl

the wagon is 80 lbs heavier than the sedan. 80 pounds well spent i say, cuz its behind the rear axle, and it makes it a lot less understeer-y. so it may be heavier overall, but ive driven both, and in my opinion the wagon handles better on stock suspension.

and yeah that is cool about the auto, but you know what sucks about the auto? its 90% front power distribution for the new rs/ts, and 55% for the wrx, while the manual of all models is 50/50.
I was under the impression that the wrx was (45 front/55 rear power split) on the auto. And that manual's came with a viscous locking center to Stab. Rear. I agree the wagon is a well weight distributed vehicle, all and all I think mostly all of us agree, that the wrx in this case is going to be the better choice due to the money factors. The rsx has tremendous potential, the new K series (I just said K) is a highly evolved motor. But the fact that the wrx comes stock with LSD a turbo and still leaves room for potential (wins my vote).
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:55 AM   #51
antidote11
AF Newbie

I don't disagree with you, there has been a lot of talk about what exactly the engine code is. I just read that recently that it was called a K20C but yet it is a K20A2. Hmmmm.......who knows. Like you said, Honda engine codes are all jacked up. Maybe in reality, over in Japan, they call it the K20A2C3P0.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #52
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, there has been a lot of talk about what exactly the engine code is. I just read that recently that it was called a K20C but yet it is a K20A2. Hmmmm.......who knows. Like you said, Honda engine codes are all jacked up. Maybe in reality, over in Japan, they call it the K20A2C3P0.
K20A2C3PO or K20ACR2D2 - comes standard with photon blasters and navigation droid, VTEC head optional... lol
Old 11-15-2002, 09:59 AM   #53
antidote11
AF Newbie

So what did you say your friend put that K20 in ? People have been
swapping the RSX Type S engine into the new Civic Sis and have been getting some good number out of it.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #54
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

So what did you say your friend put that K20 in ? People have been
swapping the RSX Type S engine into the new Civic Sis and have been getting some good number out of it.
the K20A2 or K20c swap was done in a 2002 ex. We were all new to the K series motor swap. With the exception of me having a full scim. done by my proffesor (he's a big motor head) of a K20A. The motor swap moved pretty smoothly, with the exception of a few minor snags we finished the motor swap with minor difficulty. We have yet to 1/4 mile test the car but the dyno test ran the motor overrated hp..... next its off to the track!
here's a pic of me and (Howie with the K20) waiting for x-board ppl to show up for races.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00000.jpg (25.1 KB, 226 views)
Old 11-15-2002, 10:58 AM   #55
antidote11
AF Newbie

Very cool man. I used to have a 2001 Civic EX before my prelude, and man was that thing slow !! But with a K20 in it, it's gonna be killer !!

I loved the Civic and it's looks, but it was just too slow for me, and back when I got it, swapping the K20 was a biotch to do. There was a guy on 2k1Civic.com that tried it for awhile and he ran into all kinds of issues with it. But cool, let us know how that Vic does at the strip.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:26 AM   #56
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Very cool man. I used to have a 2001 Civic EX before my prelude, and man was that thing slow !! But with a K20 in it, it's gonna be killer !!

I loved the Civic and it's looks, but it was just too slow for me, and back when I got it, swapping the K20 was a biotch to do. There was a guy on 2k1Civic.com that tried it for awhile and he ran into all kinds of issues with it. But cool, let us know how that Vic does at the strip.
Is you friend still doing the swap? Perhaps I can help, I have done a base model tear down and custom turbo install as well feel free to give him my email ady, i'll pm it to you.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #57
antidote11
AF Newbie

I haven't been on that forum since I got my Prelude, which was about a year ago, so I have no idea what's up now. He may have gotten it swapped out by now. He was just having issues due to the direction from what I can rememeber and he played with it for about a month before he said fuCk it.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:38 AM   #58
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I haven't been on that forum since I got my Prelude, which was about a year ago, so I have no idea what's up now. He may have gotten it swapped out by now. He was just having issues due to the direction from what I can rememeber and he played with it for about a month before he said fuCk it.
oh ok so it was just a rondom guy.... Sorry didint catch that the first time.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:04 PM   #59
antidote11
AF Newbie

Yeh, it was just some guy, I don't remember his screen name or anything.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:54 AM   #60
mugenrsx
AF Newbie

my 2 cents

Wrx is faster and is easily made faster. if you like the quality and look of the rsx type s they stick with it its not totally blown out of the water.... it runs 14.7-14.8 as oposed to the stock wrx 14.2. both cars have thier perks. Vtec is unbeatable, but a turbo set up is real powerfull. both cars can be made fast. its all about test driving and seeing which car gives you the hardest wood man....:monkeypis

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons