Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
racingdct
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to racingdct
95 Camry stalls out (sometimes)

Need help from everyone and anyone on this subject. I have a 95 Camry that runs great most of the time but acts up on occasions. I have had this car in several times to be checked out but no one can ever find the problem because it doesn’t act up when in the mechanics hands. The mechanics do not receive any code at all but they are guessing that it is the idle control value. I would rather not spend $500.00 for this and find out that it didn’t work. This is why I am writing this. The problem is this….When the car is cold it runs fine. Either winter months or when just driving around town for the first 30 mins or so. Once the car has been running for a long time (sometimes but not aways) the car will not idle. It will normally idle at about 800rpms. When I come to a stop and this occurs, the idle will serge from 800-900rpms down to 100rpms. This can keep going for 30 seconds or one min or it will just stall at anytime. If it does stall I can just start it back up and it idles fine. I can also put the car in neutral before it stalls and floor it for about 1 full second and the car will idea fine. The problem also is once it starts to happen it will do this every time you stop. If I shut the car off for a few minutes and then drive the car again, it sometimes will idle fine for awhile again. One sure way to get this problem to happen is to drive the car on the interstate for about 20-30 at spends above 70 mph then get off an exit and this same problem will occur. I don’t have to get off the exit for this to happen, I can just put the car in neutral while on the interstate and the idle will serge again. Any idea?
racingdct is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk