Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 11:51 PM   #1
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Pick between Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, the upcoming Daewoo Shiraz...

Hereīs a picture just in case you donīt know what Iīm talking about. I donīt know yet all the specs, i think it will have a V8 310HP, weīll see.
Attached Images
File Type: gif shiraz.gif (69.9 KB, 511 views)
Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Similarities

Doesnīt it looks like the Mercedes Maybatch by the side?
Old 12-17-2001, 05:59 PM   #3
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
i think it looks like a jag......but im a lexus guy....so Im voting lexus =)
Old 12-19-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
LiuBei
AF Regular

Here's my question, who wants a damn Daewoo? They have pathetic reliability, poor crash test ratings, and the second highest brand depreciation. Simply said, Daewoo is junk. I'm boycotting Toyota/Lexus so I guess I'll go with the Infiniti Q45.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:30 PM   #5
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Why are you boycotting them (my dad is too...our RX300 isnt that great...like there are small things wrong with it) and teh guys that sold us our Tundra are fucking assholes and we areant dealing with them again

Nissan Q45 is a good car, so I will second that....all though some people look at it as a lower class then a mercedes and say paying 50k+ for a nissan is too much
Old 12-19-2001, 04:32 PM   #6
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Uuuuh Liubei, I'm sorry to tell you this but a Daewoo is one of the most reliable cars you can buy, a guy at the bank here in Napier, bought a Daewoo Esperso in 1997 with 50,000k's on the clock, now it has 150,000 and nothing has EVER gone wrong, the although Daewoo haven't really done well in Crash tests up until now (Tacuma and Leganza have all scored as high as 70% in Crash tests)

Having said that I like the Daewoo but I am a devoted Peugeot man

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 04:40 PM   #7
LiuBei
AF Regular

First of all I'm boycotting Toyota because they gave Rev. Jesse Jackson over 7 million dollars because he called them racist. Go to a search engine and type in "Jesse Jackson Toyota" for more info. In a nutshell Toyota sold out to him, and I feel this shows major weakness within the company.

Second, I'm sure every company has several cars that last a long time without any problems. And they also have several that are lemons. Just because you know one guy that has not had any problems does't make their cars gold. Do some homework and you will find that I am very justified in my statement.

Anyway I'm a long time Toyota fan and I am absolutely disgusted in their actions with Jesse jackson.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:26 PM   #8
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
Here's my question, who wants a damn Daewoo? They have pathetic reliability, poor crash test ratings, and the second highest brand depreciation. Simply said, Daewoo is junk. I'm boycotting Toyota/Lexus so I guess I'll go with the Infiniti Q45.
Itīs very easy to talk when you donīt know damn about the topic.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 12-19-2001, 08:59 PM   #9
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Oh and by the way here is the report from J.D. Powers about initial quality in entry compacts, as you can see a Daewoo ranked second just behind the Toyota. Damn I canīt find the german Bimmer magazine where it compares their own 318i sedan with the Leganza SX, that also tops in initial quality and was a finalist for Import Car of the Year 1999 (Motor Trend magazine) between other 11 models; including the Lanos and Nubira all mentioned as Ļsignificant othersĻ, where also Infiniti G20, Porsche 911, Mazda Protegé, BMW 3 series, Mazda Miata, VW Jetta and Volvo S80 were mentioned (12 or 13 in total). the winner was the VW new Beetle. Here are some facts about the motor division of Daewoo Co.

Daewoo’s next generation small car the Kalos 5-door hatchback, unveiled at the recent Sydney International Motor Show in Sydney, will redefine small car design when it comes to market next year. Kalos is a fusion of MPV and small car design with cutting edge styling that blends modernity with elegance.

An NRMA survey has revealed the cheapest cars to own and run in Australia wit Daewoo taking the honours for lowest costs in three out of the four categories. The NRMA analysis looked at comparable cars in four different categories including Light Car, Small Car up to 1.5 litres, Small Car up to 2 litres and Medium Car

Daewoo's Lanos and Leganza ranked second and third respectively in their segment, the best result ever obtained by a Korean car in the harsh U.S. market. Furthermore the two Daewoo models have obtained the highest marks in the evaluation of their engine and transmission.

Daewoo’s three new models on display at Sydney Motor Show have been a real hit with visitors to the Daewoo stand

The authoritative UK Magazine Auto Express has placed the Daewoo Tacuma first in its Good Car Guide people carrier survey. The result comes against some serious competition with other contenders including Kia Carens, Ford Galaxy, Chrysler PT Cruiser and Citroen Xsar Picasso.

Daewoo has been recognized among the cars preferred by the media visiting the North American International Auto Show held in Detroit last month. On a recent report by the authoritative source of automotive information, Polk Auto Trends, Daewoo’s Leganza and Lanos both rank at fifth place for the Mid-size and Small Car categories respectively.

According to the authoritative NRMA study on Vehicle Operating Costs released in June 2000, the Daewoo Nubira offers the best value for money in operating costs in the Small Car class.

Daewoo Matiz Goes for Another World Record
After achieving their first Guinness World Record by driving a Musso from Melbourne to Brisbane in March 1999 on just one tank of fuel, Daewoo is at it again. This time it's an even greater challenge: drive a stock standard Matiz from Melbourne to Darwin on less that $100 of fuel

Leganza Ranked in Top 3 Most Appealing by J.D. Power & Associates
For car manufacturers the results of studies by J.D. Power & Associates are considered as the Oscar Nominations of the automotive business. This is why Daewoo is proud to announce that the Leganza featured as third ranked in the Entry Midsize segment of the recent 1999 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout study (APEAL) just completed by J.D. Power & Associates.

Daewoo has Lowest Accident Repair Costs for Small Cars
A document just released by the NRMA reveals that the Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 3D Manual Hatch is the cheapest small car to repair in the case of a typical urban accident.

Daewoo Matiz an Overseas Sensation!
The Daewoo Matiz has been earning a good reputation in Italy, the home of the mini car. Following the sales launch of Matiz on July 1, 1998, five-thousand vehicles have been delivered to customers, however another 14,000 customers are anxiously awaiting delivery

Dutch journalists have voted the Nubira Wagon 'Family Car of the Year for 1998.' Two leading Dutch consumer magazines, 'Ouders van Nu' (Parents of Today), with a circulation of 130,000 and 'Kinderen' (Children) with a circulation of 126,000 organised the 'Family Car of the Year' award for the first time in cooperation with the 'Automotive', an automotive industry magazine

Daewoo's Nubira Euro Wagon is proving a hit with consumers who voted overwhelmingly with their pockets to purchase one in the month of June. The stylish Nubira Euro Wagon found 314 new homes in June compared to Lantra Wagon sales of 273, Lancer Wagon sales of 197 and the Baleno Wagon with 13 sales. The Nubira Euro Wagon comes in two specification levels SX or CDX

For the second consecutive month in the Korean domestic market, Daewoo has created history by taking the number one sales mantle away from Hyundai. In June Daewoo once again decisively beat Hyundai in passenger car sales recording 19,696 units to Hyundai's 13,612 vehicle sales.

Daewoo Acquires Iso 14001 Certification Daewoo's commercial vehicle plant in Kunsan, Korea was Iso 14001 was certified by SGS-ICS of Switzerland on November 18. This is the first instance of ISO 14001 certification for a Korean commercial vehicle plant.

All this just in case you didnīt know

Oh, you can the details and more info at: http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_60/s..._DAE/news.html
http://www.daewoo.es
http://www.motortrend.com

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jd powers.jpg (19.1 KB, 440 views)

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

Old 12-19-2001, 09:02 PM   #10
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
First of all I'm boycotting Toyota because they gave Rev. Jesse Jackson over 7 million dollars because he called them racist. Go to a search engine and type in "Jesse Jackson Toyota" for more info. In a nutshell Toyota sold out to him, and I feel this shows major weakness within the company.

Second, I'm sure every company has several cars that last a long time without any problems. And they also have several that are lemons. Just because you know one guy that has not had any problems does't make their cars gold. Do some homework and you will find that I am very justified in my statement.

Anyway I'm a long time Toyota fan and I am absolutely disgusted in their actions with Jesse jackson.
...I know about a 50 including myself cause Daewoo is one of the best selling vehicles in Spain after Ford, VW, Peugeot, Renault and Citroen, #1 in Australia, between top 10 in South America and Asia of course.

- Daewoo

Old 12-19-2001, 09:56 PM   #11
LiuBei
AF Regular

Hey weren't we talking about big fancy cars? Hell your little survey is about compact economy cars. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when you are completely off subject. Hell that study is just for initial 90 days. Are you going to buy a new car every 3 months. BTW, I can care less how good cars are in Spain. The American market is far more diverse, with a hell of a lot more competition. You can't compare 9 thousand dollar cars to 90 thousand cars. Its like comparing rotten eggs to the hen that laid them, so where do you get off doing just that.

Bottom line, you can say all you want about Daewoo in Spain or any other foreign {to America} country. Take all that info put it in the BIG American market and Daewoo just plain falls short of all others in their respective classes.

Next time get your stories straight, and keep the info on cars within their own classes.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:02 PM   #12
LiuBei
AF Regular

Hey EURO, here is a little chart for you. This is for all major automakers within the US market. I guess they forgot to put Daewoo in there. They probably would have just been washed out by all the others.

[img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/Kevin/reliable[/img]
Old 12-19-2001, 10:07 PM   #13
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro19

...I know about a 50 including myself cause Daewoo is one of the best selling vehicles in Spain after Ford, VW, Peugeot, Renault and Citroen, #1 in Australia, between top 10 in South America and Asia of course.
Well if you mean Daewoo are #1 for sales in Australia, you are wrong, that honour goes to the Holden brand

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 12:03 AM   #14
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Woo Ja! I didnīt know you get brands like Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Holden, Opel, Ssang Yong, Alfa Romeo, Seat, Skoda, Rover, Lancia, MG, Fiat, Daihatsu, Austin, Maserati, Lotus, Galloper, Bugatti, Jensen, Matra and Vauxhall up in the US!
Anywise USA is the biggest auto market worldwide, you got that one right.
About all those facts about Daewoo in general are here because you talked about reliability in general and I did so to support the Shiraz with the little Daewoo history.
To end up this; if you donīt like it donīt buy it. Or is it just that a Daewoo almost runned over you? Thatīs all
Can you please resend the chart? I canīt see it. thanx

- Daewoo

Old 12-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #15
LiuBei
AF Regular

I do not like Daewoo Because I feel that it is an inferior product. Although you are intitled to your opinion, thats mine. Hey have you ever been in a Lotus? My uncle owned a 99 Espirit TT. HE let me drive it all the time, the cars pretty cramped, but its bad and good for picking up women.

I gotta quit rambling.