Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com vendor

Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v 2ltr

A guy just email me looking for a kit of a Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v 2ltr.
I'm sure it has not been made but, does anyone know for sure ?
Old 11-16-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Re: Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v 2ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroboy
A guy just email me looking for a kit of a Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v 2ltr.
I'm sure it has not been made but, does anyone know for sure ?
Why anyone would want to own a Vauxhall is beyond me, nevermind making a model of one!

To answer your Q, I'm certain no kit exists of it. The only thing i'm aware of are 1/43 built models of the Opel version.
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:45 AM   #3
Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com vendor

Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
OK Thanks Chris
BTW I have owned : 1 Vauxhall Chevette, 1 Mk1 Astra (Opel Kadett), 2 Mk2 Astra GTE's and 1 Astra 2.0 GSi 16v in the past.........Never Again thou'
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #4
Verminator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Verminator
Ive owned eight Vauxhalls and two Fords upto now (see a trend?) UK wet weather caused nothin' but trouble with one of the two Fords. snapped a cam belt on one of my cavaliers and thats it for problems. My current Vaux Omega is the best car ive ever had. Anyway back to the question, I know that one of the guys from the yorkshire area that produces the unusual 50/60's race cars (was at the recent car show at telford in the little room)was working on a 1/24 btcc saloon car in resin, maybe he'll sell it for your contact to complete.
Verminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #5
MrHappy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Re: Re: Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v 2ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonthewall
Why anyone would want to own a Vauxhall is beyond me, nevermind making a model of one!

To answer your Q, I'm certain no kit exists of it. The only thing i'm aware of are 1/43 built models of the Opel version.
Opened a can of worms there!
I've got a Vectra SRI V6 that I use for work and long journeys (I save the MX5 for the weekend).. Apart from the odd sensor going ping I've never had any problems over the last 4 years.
But I know what you mean, they are hardly the most inspiring of cars on the road.
However I've got a trunk a family of 4 can live in!!

I've been looking for the TOCA (white and yellow) model If any one knows where I can get that from. Did Tamiya produce one???
I remember seeing one somewhere......
MrHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:33 AM   #6
ata
AF Regular

I'm pretty certain that there isn't a model kit for the Cavalier available, because if there were, I would have bought that already, as I own one of those (Opel Vectra A GT 16V in continental Europe = Vauxhall Cavalier mk3 SRi 16V in the UK) in 1:1 as my daily driver, the blue car in my avatar (my Calibra Turbo is my 1:1 hobby car, the red car in the avatar).

I have had to just go with the 1:43 diecast models of Opel Vectra, I have bought several of them, modified one of them as Opel Vectra GT 16V (replica of my own car) and one I modified to be the Vauxhall Cavalier champioship BTCC car of John Cleland from 1995.

If there is a resin kit of a Vauxhall Cavalier or Opel Vectra at least I would be very interested.
ata is offline   Reply With Quote