Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #31
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03
Yeah really, why dont you go work on ur "1000 hp car" iinstead of giving us shit for no reason, we didnt do anything to you.
99civic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #32
knorsk
AF Enthusiast

Ryan 310,
Just to make a note some of the Formula/Indy cars are really small engines that produce 800-1000hp range(mega honda and toyota rice). So technically you can get a small engine to produce a lot of power. Although in order to believe that you have to get past your ignorance. I'll let you get back on your way with the NOVA you seem to be going places and I'd rather not impede you.

You can find me at ImportRuiner.com
knorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:21 PM   #33
sp3cial_bl3nd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sp3cial_bl3nd
name one performance exhaust system that doesn't have a bigger sized muffler. i've got a greddy evo and i think it's kick-ass.
sp3cial_bl3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:23 AM   #34
BullShifter
AF Moderator

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Silver_GTR34
have u guys ever seen those Domestic wanna be imports???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know whats worse? When people put BMW stuff on Honda's. BMW emblems?
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:37 AM   #35
Accord_Zero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Accord_Zero
I've got the full exhaust system (headers to muffler) and I love it. It isn't annoying like some of the homemade fart cans of course. Most of those are on the smaller hondas too...I've got an Accord, so the sound is a tad deeper.

Also, aside from extra HP (Yes, it does make a difference), it also gives better mileage.
Accord_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #36
1996Z28SS
AF Newbie

Actually I have to agree with the much hated Ryan.... what all has been done to get a 1.5 liter to 800 hp, And don't flame me for having a domestic, I am really curious of what it has and what it take to get an engine that small that fast (not the mention the cost and custom parts). I don't think I have ever heard any thing that small being that powerful.

And is the 800 at the crank or getting to the wheels?
1996Z28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:06 PM   #37
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Quote:
And is the 800 at the crank or getting to the wheels?
Does that really matter if your pushin' 800HP . . . . . . .
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 10:08 AM   #38
1996Z28SS
AF Newbie

Well it doesn't matter either way seeing it doesn't look like he is answering the question.
1996Z28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #39
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord_Zero
I've got the full exhaust system (headers to muffler) and I love it. It isn't annoying like some of the homemade fart cans of course. Most of those are on the smaller hondas too...I've got an Accord, so the sound is a tad deeper.

You actually believe that the size of the chassis has anything to do with the tone??? It's about the engine intake/exhaust flow and the determining factor on tone is the diameter of piping and muffler.
B16EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 01:42 PM   #40
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_310

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarted.
Never heard that one before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_310
All you ricers dont have a clue whats goin on. You have no clue about the raw and shear power of a tru muscle car like my nova that has 1000HP no let me see any dam ricer keep up with that. Thats what i thought. you cant get 800 hp out of a 1.5 liter that i know of and if i ever see one ill kill myself. I think all these dam ricers should get off the streets.
The only thing I find hard to believe about this haters perspective on Honda's is, how does a kid who's babymakers hardly even dropped yet, own a 1000hp Nova? Please list mods, post dyno sheets and post pics. Until then........................................

B16EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 01:56 PM   #41
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03
Quote:
The only thing I find hard to believe about this haters perspective on Honda's is, how does a kid who's babymakers hardly even dropped yet, own a 1000hp Nova? Please list mods, post dyno sheets and post pics. Until then........................................
Well put. There are so many anti-import people running around the honda-acura boards that claim they have these 1000 hp monsters, yet no one has ever seen any dyno sheets, timeslips, or even pictures of the car.
99civic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:03 PM   #42
sp3cial_bl3nd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sp3cial_bl3nd
the only pics he has are the ones he's drawn on napkins.
sp3cial_bl3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #43
sharkattack98
AF Newbie

i got two words of wisdom for all the retards who masturbate over their muscle cars.
first, i have as much respect for well done muscle cars as anything. i tip my hat to anything that's fast. but half of you don't do it right. you buy an old rusty camaro, slap an exhaust on it, and you think youre flash gordon. you're no better than the "ricers" you hate on. you just do it with a domestic.
2. power to weight ratio Biya*ch. most 22-2400 pound imports runing a respectable couple hundred horses will keep up pretty handily with your 1975 dicksponge.

the name's steve btw
sharkattack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #44
David Kang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to David Kang
Hey I have a 2001 Honda S2000 with a VeilSide single titanium teardrop exhaust that cost me over $700. I guess I'm a ricer too.
I also read kaoru-tochiro's post about his 1.5 liter making 800 hp was it?? Sorrie to say, but that is almost unbelievable. Also Ryan_310, I think what you said about your car was bull Sh*t also saying that your car has 1000hp. People on this forum should tell the truth and stop making stuff up. Its getting really annoying sorry to say. If u guys wanna argue about it then IM me on AIM. latez
Old 07-22-2003, 07:41 PM   #45
SIIKprice
AF Newbie

I'm sorry, but i gotta say something. The stock S2000 exaust weighs almost 50 pounds, ive heard of people replacing these with a 6 pound exaust from veilslide. that is insane. the only problem is it makes a racket. Sure, most of these guys are just making their car sound big, but give some cred to the guys who are going for weight and performance.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion