Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
motox411
AF Newbie

Unhappy Surging After Sensor Change

2002 cr-v..... I had a code for bad O2 sensor,,the front one,,i replaced it with the kind you use your old harness...i wired it incorrectly and hooked it up (not on purpose!). The car surges as you drive...reinstalled old sensor and car drives fine...bought another sensor, (same model,same seller) wired it correctly...same symptoms.....do you think i am buying bad parts or did the mis-wire damage my pcm?

If I unplug the sensor altogether the car also runs smooth which makes me think the pcm is ok. I am now thinking of buying an OEM style sensor..

If I remember correctly ,the codes that led me down this path were P1166 & P1167.....and of course it is now overdue for an emmisions stciker.
motox411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
motox411
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Surging After Sensor Change

**** follow-up ****
I replaced the sensor with the very expensive OEM style one that just plugs in and the car is running smooth. Need to drive it some more to see if any codes come back. Lesson learned I suppose. The fellow that sold me the other 2 sensors is going to give me a refund so I did catch a lucky break there. Hope this helps someone in the future.
motox411 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V