Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777
SR chugging...

so yea i think i asked about his, but currently im to lazy to search...but my sr seems to be chugging, under any throttle position..the spot it like the most seems to be full throttle though...i accel, it cuts out...(my foot never moved) then i floor it...it chuggs...(a fast chug) i let off the gas, idles fine, i get back on the gas its normal then it cuts to the same problem as above...answers?
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
Tgreaser
Banned

Re: SR chugging...

you won't get much help here bud, most people here don't really know anything technical about how the car actually works as a system, they just know how to flame cars that don't have 2k dollar coilovers and dished wheels. Plus nobody here will offer advice but they will flame somebody who offers advice that doesn't help.... so spreading ideas is discouraged here I believe and most people are afraid to post suggestions.

check out www.FreshAlloy.com to get some people who actually know about engines. There are some real knowledgable people about SR's over there, and Im not talking about people who just know specs and that this turbo is good for a sr20, they CAN actually help you with real world problems.

good luck
Tgreaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xcusememisswyn
Re: Re: SR chugging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreaser
you won't get much help here bud, most people here don't really know anything technical about how the car actually works as a system, they just know how to flame cars that don't have 2k dollar coilovers and dished wheels. Plus nobody here will offer advice but they will flame somebody who offers advice that doesn't help.... so spreading ideas is discouraged here I believe and most people are afraid to post suggestions.

check out www.FreshAlloy.com to get some people who actually know about engines. There are some real knowledgable people about SR's over there, and Im not talking about people who just know specs and that this turbo is good for a sr20, they CAN actually help you with real world problems.

good luck

If you dont like it then leave

RB20DET, 260whp, Drive to Destroy.
xcusememisswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Tgreaser
Banned

sorry im a FreshAlloy troll LOL

i like it better there as you can tell by my 1 post history
Old 10-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:

Someone got bent out of shape that no one found his Tenzos and Tein S-Techs Cool

But yeah... www.freshalloy.com is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better tech forum. and as for his problem... its hard to say... maybe something with the TPS sensor, it sounds fuel related
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
Tgreaser
Banned

This just goes to show what I am talking about. Thank-you Mr. Oh hells yeah for your thought provoking glorious reply. You make this forum have a the glass is half empty kind of vibe to it.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:
This just goes to show what I am talking about. Thank-you Mr. Oh hells yeah for your thought provoking glorious reply. You make this forum have a the glass is half empty kind of vibe to it.
Uhh... alright... Sorry I dont Immediatly sackride people who go down to pepboys and get the 2 for 1 special on honda wheels.

Also, how Hypocritical is it to bust in with one post about "blah blah this forum sucks blah blah freshalloy is so much better." Get off your highhorse. Whats the point of posting on FA? every tech qeustion under the sun has been answered so when you reply (to a repeat thread) I gaurentee there will be 5 answers below yours saying the exact same thing.

Automotiveforums is just a way to bullshit for me. I fuck around here trying to show people the light that is "spending time getting wheels that fit is cool" and "stock 240SXs with an SR and cut springs arent cool". When I have a tech problem I use the search button and hit up FA, Zilvia, or Ziptied instead of making vauge threads where nobody knows what the problem is on a beginer forum. (sorry drift king... but without really experiencing the problem the best I can do is point you in the direction of the fuel or ignition system)
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

yea i understand that...yea i've def traced it to a fuel related problem last night...i figured maybe i was running alittle to high of fuel pressure possibly flooding the motor, then i went to lean it out and it does the exact same thing...so i have a friend of mine that works at nissan getting me a fuel filter...so i'll try that...seems like it could possibly be that due to the "surging effect" that filters will make during accel, but not idle...
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
Old 10-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #9
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
you won't get much help here bud,
thanks for looking out for me, and i do know zilvia, nico, and freshalloy or better tech forms but, this is a more laid back form....i dont nessesarly post on this forum to get an "exact" answer, becuase if someone does not expierence it themselves, its hard to diagnos, so i look for a hand full of advice, no matter how broad. Freshalloy, or this AF board, you will always get a broad amount of answers, with acouple not being related to the problem that will fix your problem, but at least gives you something to start looking for...so in turn...good luck to you...
Old 10-22-2005, 11:25 PM   #10
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

check ur position throtol control sencor, and check ur fuel..

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #11
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

AWD...doing another drinking and posting? dont worry i will be later probably...yea..i will check my throttle position sensor...or my position throtol control sencor
Old 10-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #12
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777
AWD...doing another drinking and posting? dont worry i will be later probably...yea..i will check my throttle position sensor...or my position throtol control sencor
LOL ... =)

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX