Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 01:01 PM   #31
Z06Lover
AF Regular

stupid photopoint

Quote:
Originally posted by hakka
Z06Lover...what kind of car do you have? The link in your sig isn't working.
yeah, photopoint isn't allowing direct links anymore. You have to cut and paste it. I have a 2001 Yellow Honda S2000, but am a huge fan of the Z06...almost bought one! I also love Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatii, Lambo..and on..and on...and on...

I just got my hardtop for my S2000...I will have to post some links...it looks pretty cool.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:50 PM   #32
hakka
AF Enthusiast

sounds awesome!!
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 04:23 PM   #33
Z06Lover
AF Regular

thanks...

Quote:
Originally posted by hakka
sounds awesome!!
yeah, i like it. Not as fast as your vettes, but lots of fun!!
here is a pict of my car. I will post some picts with the hardtop later.
Old 07-23-2001, 04:56 PM   #34
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Use www.imagestation.com it allows linking and its free.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:54 PM   #35
Z06Lover
AF Regular

a couple of picts of my S2000 w/hardtop

Hope you guys like em...i think they look pretty cool!

Old 08-01-2001, 08:18 AM   #36
sfisher
AF Newbie

m3s and vettes

ok, first of all, road and track called the m3 a "sports car" because it IS a sports car. you're trying to tell me that a car with a straight six, that produces 333 horse and gets 0-60 times under 5 seceonds isn't a sports car? are stupid or just mildy retarded? also, you like the 3 series bmws? well, that's great and all, but the m3 isn't a 3 series, it's an m series, which might explain why it produces more horse power per cylinder than the inefficient z06. and as for those who say there is no way an m3 can compete with a vette, it is competing with the vette! it's as clear as day! with all the articles that read headlines like "m3s versus corvettes versus 911s", the "versus" part simple means a competition, morons. oh, and as for the comment that said the vette was meant to take on the viper - ha ha. that's funny, really it is. the viper produces 0-60 times of 2.9 seconds, the vette can't even brake 4 (probably not even 4.5)! your logic is the equivalent of a 7 year old child with down-syndrome! i could go on for days about your pathetic argument that vettes are better than m3s, but the holes in your "stories" are too numerous to name. finally, let me leave you with this thought, "90% of chevys are still on the road... the other 10% made it home".
sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 10:30 AM   #37
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Re: m3s and vettes

Quote:
Originally posted by sfisher
ok, first of all, road and track called the m3 a "sports car" because it IS a sports car. you're trying to tell me that a car with a straight six, that produces 333 horse and gets 0-60 times under 5 seceonds isn't a sports car? are stupid or just mildy retarded? also, you like the 3 series bmws? well, that's great and all, but the m3 isn't a 3 series, it's an m series, which might explain why it produces more horse power per cylinder than the inefficient z06. and as for those who say there is no way an m3 can compete with a vette, it is competing with the vette! it's as clear as day! with all the articles that read headlines like "m3s versus corvettes versus 911s", the "versus" part simple means a competition, morons. oh, and as for the comment that said the vette was meant to take on the viper - ha ha. that's funny, really it is. the viper produces 0-60 times of 2.9 seconds, the vette can't even brake 4 (probably not even 4.5)! your logic is the equivalent of a 7 year old child with down-syndrome! i could go on for days about your pathetic argument that vettes are better than m3s, but the holes in your "stories" are too numerous to name. finally, let me leave you with this thought, "90% of chevys are still on the road... the other 10% made it home".
You call a lot of people stupied, but you make some pretty stupid comments. A viper does 0-60 in 2.9??? what viper is that? the super viper you made up in your head?? The Venom 800 can do 2.4 0-60 with slicks, but that is hardly stock. The regular viper runs between 4.1 and 4.3 according to Road and Track, Motor Trend and Car and Driver. The new M3 is a great car, but the Z06 is faster. I have driven both...and you can tell. The Z06 is also the fastest stock street legal car at auto-x courses. The National finals winner in SS class was a Z06. Both cars are great. Before you spout your mouth about how dumb people are maybe you should actually know some thing (viper does 0-60 in 2.9 hahahaah), or maybe *shudder* actually drive the cars.

Even this viper, which has 500 HP runs a 4.0 0-60.
http://www.motortrend.com/april99/viper/viper_f.html
Read it yourself.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:55 AM   #38
sfisher
AF Newbie

Re: Re: m3s and vettes

Quote:
Originally posted by Z06Lover

You call a lot of people stupied, but you make some pretty stupid comments. A viper does 0-60 in 2.9??? what viper is that? the super viper you made up in your head?? The Venom 800 can do 2.4 0-60 with slicks, but that is hardly stock. The regular viper runs between 4.1 and 4.3 according to Road and Track, Motor Trend and Car and Driver. The new M3 is a great car, but the Z06 is faster. I have driven both...and you can tell. The Z06 is also the fastest stock street legal car at auto-x courses. The National finals winner in SS class was a Z06. Both cars are great. Before you spout your mouth about how dumb people are maybe you should actually know some thing (viper does 0-60 in 2.9 hahahaah), or maybe *shudder* actually drive the cars.

Even this viper, which has 500 HP runs a 4.0 0-60.
http://www.motortrend.com/april99/viper/viper_f.html
Read it yourself.
Actually, if you look at Viper Venom Edition (which is stock for the Venom Edition - meaning no modifications), it does do 0-60 in 2.9. OK, as for the comment "The new M3 is a great car, but the Z06 is faster. I have driven both...and you can tell." You're trying to argue that you can tell there's a difference (something like .3 of a second) in driving the m3 and the z06? ha, it's practically impossible to distinguish .3 of a second... and to claim that you can tell the difference is just insanely idiotic - as if there's a difference at all. and before you "spout your mouth" again maybe you should take some time out of your fantasy world where you can distinguish between half-seconds and return to reality.
Old 08-01-2001, 11:40 AM   #39
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: m3s and vettes

Quote:

Actually, if you look at Viper Venom Edition (which is stock for the Venom Edition - meaning no modifications), it does do 0-60 in 2.9. OK, as for the comment "The new M3 is a great car, but the Z06 is faster. I have driven both...and you can tell." You're trying to argue that you can tell there's a difference (something like .3 of a second) in driving the m3 and the z06? ha, it's practically impossible to distinguish .3 of a second... and to claim that you can tell the difference is just insanely idiotic - as if there's a difference at all. and before you "spout your mouth" again maybe you should take some time out of your fantasy world where you can distinguish between half-seconds and return to reality.
You are telling me i can't tell the difference between my car, which can run 0-60 in 5.2 (according to motor trend) and a car that runs 4.7 (a c5)?? like i said....go drive some real cars. You have no clue what you are talking about.

I forgot...0-60 is the only measure of speed. The Z06 does 0-100 it is closer to 2 secs faster.
Also, the venom viper is at this page:
http://maxpages.com/viperhome/1998_D...ssey_Venom_600
runs 0-60 in 3.7. The venom 650R runs 3.3, but none of these cars are factory cars. The venom 800 TT runs 2.4 0-60 with slicks and 1/4 9.9, what is your point??

So which 2.9 sec car are you talking about?
http://www.multimania.com/t2j/viper/specveno.htm

Henessey is bringing out a 900 HP TT version of the Z06 later and a 427 (engine size not HP) version of it...I wonder how fast it will run. Or go look at the c4 sledgehammer...top speed 255mph (radar clocked) and 0-60 right around 3 secs. These are not factory cars....get out of fairy land.

My point is still the same. You are magazine racer who has probably never driven anything faster then a pinto in his life. Grow up. Before you call someone a moron...maybe you should have some thing base it on. Everything in your post was like...vettes suck, bmw's rule...that is a great argument.

Man, I sure am glad HS is starting up again...we can get rid of these guys!!
Old 08-01-2001, 12:09 PM   #40
sfisher
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: m3s and vettes

Quote:
Originally posted by Z06Lover

You are telling me i can't tell the difference between my car, which can run 0-60 in 5.2 (according to motor trend) and a car that runs 4.7 (a c5)?? like i said....go drive some real cars. You have no clue what you are talking about.

I forgot...0-60 is the only measure of speed. The Z06 does 0-100 it is closer to 2 secs faster.
Also, the venom viper is at this page:
http://maxpages.com/viperhome/1998_D...ssey_Venom_600
runs 0-60 in 3.7. The venom 650R runs 3.3, but none of these cars are factory cars. The venom 800 TT runs 2.4 0-60 with slicks and 1/4 9.9, what is your point??

So which 2.9 sec car are you talking about?
http://www.multimania.com/t2j/viper/specveno.htm

Henessey is bringing out a 900 HP TT version of the Z06 later and a 427 (engine size not HP) version of it...I wonder how fast it will run. Or go look at the c4 sledgehammer...top speed 255mph (radar clocked) and 0-60 right around 3 secs. These are not factory cars....get out of fairy land.

My point is still the same. You are magazine racer who has probably never driven anything faster then a pinto in his life. Grow up. Before you call someone a moron...maybe you should have some thing base it on. Everything in your post was like...vettes suck, bmw's rule...that is a great argument.

Man, I sure am glad HS is starting up again...we can get rid of these guys!!
well, it's now very clear that nothing, even remotely rational can pass through z06Lover's head, probably because it's too clogged with exhaust fumes from having his mouth wrapped around his c5's tailpipe. anyway, i hope someday, you can learn not to be so offended by the truth, otherwise you're in for some big disappointments in your life. and as for "...vettes suck, bmw's rule..." - hey, you said it not me, but i can accept that. also, the high school comment was a bit unecessary (nevertheless false) but i guess that's what i can learn to expect from z06Lover who obviously is still recovering from his failed attempt at getting a GED. that is all. don't expect to get a reply from me, i don't have the time to teach you "how not to be a close-minded piece of trash trying to make up for his lack of a penis by boasting about his corvette"
Old 08-01-2001, 01:00 PM   #41
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

sfisher, shape up will you. Lose the attitude. I probably would have deleted your post if Z06lover hadn't shown you up nicely.

And why bring the whole horse power per liter/cylinder argument in here? I thought only ricers used that. There is a reason for the Corvette's high-ish displacement, torque and potential. The BMW is probably very close to its NA output potential. And if you want to talk about efficient engines compare the two cars fuel economy. They are very close I'd imagine - despite the BMWs fewer cylinders and lower displacement.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:02 PM   #42
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: m3s and vettes

Quote:

well, it's now very clear that nothing, even remotely rational can pass through z06Lover's head, probably because it's too clogged with exhaust fumes from having his mouth wrapped around his c5's tailpipe. anyway, i hope someday, you can learn not to be so offended by the truth, otherwise you're in for some big disappointments in your life. and as for "...vettes suck, bmw's rule..." - hey, you said it not me, but i can accept that. also, the high school comment was a bit unecessary (nevertheless false) but i guess that's what i can learn to expect from z06Lover who obviously is still recovering from his failed attempt at getting a GED. that is all. don't expect to get a reply from me, i don't have the time to teach you "how not to be a close-minded piece of trash trying to make up for his lack of a penis by boasting about his corvette"
haha.....whatever..i don't even have a z06 ...i have a S2000, which you would know..if you actually read the posts on here, but that isn't surprising. Just like every troll...once the facts are presented...the throw insults and run away...good bye troll.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:05 PM   #43
Z06Lover
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
sfisher, shape up will you. Lose the attitude. I probably would have deleted your post if Z06lover hadn't shown you up nicely.

And why bring the whole horse power per liter/cylinder argument in here? I thought only ricers used that. There is a reason for the Corvette's high-ish displacement, torque and potential. The BMW is probably very close to its NA output potential. And if you want to talk about efficient engines compare the two cars fuel economy. They are very close I'd imagine - despite the BMWs fewer cylinders and lower displacement.
do you have any idea what he is talking about??
I don't even know what his post was about. All I saw were made up stats and completely biased opinons about cars he has never and will never drive....bizarre.
Where do these guys come from????
Old 08-01-2001, 01:33 PM   #44
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

lol I guess I should have ignored him after seeing his Viper stats.
Old 08-04-2001, 09:32 PM   #45
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
sfisher is an......idiot

0-60 in 2.9, yeah, sure.
Also, the M3 got .89g's, the vette got 1 full g or ear-bleeding grip.

Also, a lingenfelter TT vette (not even Z06) went 226 mph, with a Zo6 as a start, bored and stroked to 427.6 (or .8) inches, with tt's, theres 900+ hp, and probably 280 mph. The little M3 with a monster blower, maybe 700hp and 200 mph. PEANUTS! HAHAHAHAHA

And MT got the vette to 60 in 4.24 seconds, and the 2002 is supposed to go in "under 4 seconds" Ferraris beware!!

PS. zo6lover, your car looks extra good with the roof. Sorry to learn that the Comptech blower barely increases acceleration. It creates a bog em or burn em situation. If you put on some bigger rubber, you might see some improvement in your spinal compression (something not experienced in sfishers pinto):silly2: