Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
View Poll Results: Who is the Idiot?
Corvette Guy (Me) 7 58.33%
Viper Guy 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 08:02 PM   #1
vettemaan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to vettemaan Send a message via AIM to vettemaan
I guess this guy dosent like my pov on things

Quote:
I am a Dodge Viper fan, owner, and retailer. I own a motorsports corporation based out of Chadds Ford Pennsylvania. I visited your website when my friends son asked me about the Corvette C5-R. (which has become his favorite car ever built) So me and my friends son visited your site looking for pictures. I was very, very displeased with your "7 Reasons To Buy A Corvette Over A Viper" headline. Upon further investigation I discovered that you are a total idiot. I have been selling, building, and racing both Vipers and Corvettes for almost 8 years now and never have I experienced, or seen any of that bull shit you were shoveling on your web site.
you stated, and I quote...
1. Corvette is Americas Sports car.
2. The Corvette gets 27 MPG and the Viper gets 18.
3. Corvettes don't fall apart at their top speed .
4. The same speed but 40K less.
5. A Corvettes will last way longer then a Viper.
6. The average person could actually afford a Corvette.
7. Because I said so!
I will now address each of your bull shit statements and explain to you how stupid you have been.
1. Corvette may have been Americas first sports car but now, the Viper has been proclaimed the a)fastest American produced sports car. B)the true American sports car. Why the Corvette Stingrays may still be Americas classic sports car. The newer models are by no chance "Americas sports car"
2. The 2000 Corvette gets 18 to 28 mpg. The Dodge Viper GTS and RT-10 get 17 to 25. BUT the 2003 Dodge Viper RT-10 and GTS/R get 21 to 30 mpg.
3. I don't know where you got your information from but Vipers do not fall apart at there top speed. The Dodge Viper GTS coupe has a top speed of 192mph. The Corvette's top speed is 175. The Dodge Viper GTS-R has a top speed of 235 mph. The Corvette C5-R has a top speed of around 210-220. Now the Fastest viper ever built is the Viper GTS R/T which has a top speed of over 245. Never has the R/T model fallen apart in any race, qualifying run, or practice.
4. The statement that the corvette gets the same speed but 40k less is your biggest bull shit statement on your list. Vipers run around 80k and vettes around 40k. But the Corvette models that cost 40k can in no way compete with Vipers. The 40k model of Corvette goes 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. The Viper goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. That is hardly the same speed.
5. Another highly Bull shit statement. Dodge Vipers last around the same amount of time as corvettes. The only reason a Viper wouldn't last as long would be because since vipers have more power they are easier to wreck.
6. I sell Dodge Vipers. As well I sell Corvettes. In 1999 I sold a little over 130 Dodge Vipers world wide but only sold 100 Corvettes. So in one year more people could afford the Viper than the Corvette.
7. Ok this merely shows that you are a just a kid who knows absolutely nothing about cars. And I am also guessing that you have never driven a Corvette OR a Viper.
I will be placing a Link to your web site from my web page with the caption that everyone who visits my site should also visit yours just to see how misinformed you are about your information. I recommend you update your site soon before you get more publicity than you would want.
Now here is my reply

Hello, Nice to meet you! Your friend has good taste in cars!
I must say very original! I have never gotten hate mail like this before! yes I am a kid (16) and you guessed wrong, I have driven a Corvette (Z06) and a Viper (RT/10) (1998).
1) The reason I Say Corvette is "Americas Sports Car" Is because You drive a viper around a road course it is untamed or unbalanced, you hop into a corvette and there is very little if any problems getting around (very predictable), yet turns in the same lap times.
2) I did i say 2003 viper? no. and i highly doubt it will get 30 MPG
3) Look at my crashed vipers page there is a picture of a hennessey that caught on fire while doing a top speed run.
4) Your right maybe I should change that to 30,000 less, ya know what's funny spend 80,000 on a 2001 corvette you will be running laps on vipers.
5) Was I not right?
6) Wow thats amazing you sold that much but look at the over all numbers corvette 34,000 viper-5,000?
PS) give me the link to your site so I can show everyone yours as well to return the favor!

-------------
ok now who do YOU think is the idiot
Old 04-10-2001, 09:01 PM   #2
Dimex
AF Newbie

Well, I personally don't agree with all of your points, but I don't think the fella seemed too well educated. I agree that the corvette is definitely more of "america's sports car" than the viper, and I also doubt that the viper will get 30 mpg. But, I have never heard much of Vipers falling apart at speed (but, I haven't heard otherwise either.). Good luck.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:43 PM   #3
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

I like both the Vette and the Viper. Vette more though.

Old 04-15-2001, 09:40 PM   #4
verboom
AF Regular

While some of your points are true and all, I think you are the bigger idiot, because you are younger, less experienced, and I dare say immature. And look at the reseach viper guy did! I think he's got you man. And he sells them both man! Who cares if you took them for a joy ride? He knows them inside out!
Old 04-15-2001, 09:52 PM   #5
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Viper guy is a bigger idiot because he took his precious time to write this lengthy e-mail

WARNING: My opinion does not represent that of AutomotiveForums.com
[Just to be safe]
Old 04-16-2001, 05:12 PM   #6
vettemaan
AF Enthusiast

what facts, who says he really does this, he never gave me a link to his web site
Old 04-18-2001, 06:29 PM   #7
Adam
AF Enthusiast

him because he swore
Old 04-19-2001, 01:44 PM   #8
Psman32@af
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Psman32@af Send a message via Yahoo to Psman32@af
Hey i saw this same argument in either MotorTrend or Car and Driver like 2 years ago. Car and Driver called the Viper the "New American Sports Car". The numbers for a corvette according to the 2000 Autoweek buyers guide is a 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds. The Vipers was 4.2 seconds. top speed on a stock Viper is limited by a chip to 176, so it can not go faster than 1765 if it is 100% stock, but without the chip it can go at least the 192 MPH seen in MotorTrend. The average Viper engine lasts about 100,000 miles. The reason that it is that low is the fact that all of them are going to be driving the engine hard and over revving it. My engine, when unloaded revs very fast so i can imagine how fast a Viper's would rev, and therefore probaly be over revved more than a few times. If they are taken care of, and not pushed hard or over revved, there is no reason for the engine to last at least as long as a vette engine, if not longer.
Old 04-22-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
MrCorvetteZ06
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MrCorvetteZ06
I really want to know where he got the numbers on the C5R. The Pratt & Miller Team says that the numbers like that are "unavailable", as well as the 0-60 times and most other performance specs. The top speed ever clocked on the C5R was 205 mph at Daytona. Oh, he must have also forgotten that the GTS-R is no longer in competition (at least factory sponsored). With his top speed argument with the stock cars, I assume he is refering to the C5. He fails to mention the ZR1 that tops out over 190. It also costs 40K less....so, doesn't that mean that you were right on counts three and four? The point that corvettes last longer than Vipers isnt always true, but if you look at endurance racing, like the 24 hours of Daytona, both of the Vipers fell apart before the 12 hour mark, while the Corvettes eventually won the race. I don't think that he really contested the fact that corvettes are affordable cars. I have driven both Vipers and Vettes, and they are both amazing cars. Oh...forgot to mention the fact that my Z06 did 0-60 in 4.2 stock, so I don't know where mags./people get the number 4.6!?!?!
Penski adjustable shocks, Lowered 1", B&B Ripper w/ MoMo, Combat/red, MSD wires, custom long tube headers, Hypertech Programmed chip, underdrive pulleys, adjustable throttle regulator, McLeod Twin Disk Clutch w/Z06 slave unit, Throttle Body, 75 lbs. shot NOS

Old 04-29-2001, 01:35 PM   #10
BBA
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to BBA
Question

Corvette...Viper...

Isn't that like 'Ford Vs Chevy'.....but different?

Both are pointless arguments.

I like all sports and hi-performance cars...well, except for the homo-momma wing ricers with chromed coffee cans stuck to the mufflers

...well, I guess I will admit I like them too...gives me something to laugh about. :frog:

Old 04-29-2001, 02:31 PM   #11
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
But BBA, those aren't high performance cars....unless you count Gas milage and decibel level
Old 05-21-2001, 07:37 PM   #12
GT-R V-Spec
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GT-R V-Spec
BBA is right can't we all just get along I love both of them too :smoka:
Old 05-22-2001, 03:50 PM   #13
Adam
AF Enthusiast

the Z06 has better price and great performance, not to mention better looks...

Z06 over ACR or any other Viper any day.

but i luv the ACR too you Viper fans out there

Old 05-22-2001, 03:52 PM   #14
Adam
AF Enthusiast

vettemaan, u the guy who emailed me about the Z06 stats?
Old 05-22-2001, 10:49 PM   #15
vettemaan
AF Enthusiast

yep that was me lol