Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
BishiRST
AF Newbie

Arrow 96 T100 will not run, plz help.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been here, I've been so busy with my military career it's crazy. Anyway, I was helping my friend last weekend with his 96 T100. It's 4x4, auto with a 3.4L quad cam powerplant. We pulled the engine out, changed all the seals and both valve cover gaskets, pressure washed the engine and reinstalled it. Plugged everything back in place, added new fluids and oil filter, then tried to start it up. It would run for about 2-3 seconds then quit. There is an engine light on right now for Cam Position Sensor, which I replaced yesterday (8/18/14) with a brand new one. Still has the same CEL code and still won't stay on more than 3 seconds. ANY HELP right now will be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance.

Also, he said that the truck was a bit sluggish and didn't pick up very well. I noticed some emission vacuum hoses with split ends, so I replaced them and that was as far as that went before we pulled the engine out. :banghe ad:
BishiRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
BishiRST
AF Newbie

Re: 96 T100 will not run, plz help.

Here's an update. I have been thru 3 camshaft position sensors, 2 ecm's and rediculouse amount of hours of back tracing wires. Again, all we did was pull the engine, replaced the oil seals, pressure washed the engine and re-install it. now it wont run. I'm completely lost here, today I ran a direct wire from the ECM to the CPS, and it still has the same fault, it's not the wire, it's not the ECM, I have 3 sensors from 3 different auto parts store, what can it be?
BishiRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: 96 T100 will not run, plz help.

Sorry man, I'm not ignoring you. I just don't have a clue. I bet you damaged a wire or connector along the way.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up