Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Feffman
Authorized Vendor

Lotus Open Wheel Formula Car Owners

Hi All:

It seems long ago when Lotus dominated international open wheel racing from Formula Junior to Formula 1. Many of the current Lotus owners throughout North America have never seen Colin’s finest works in action. This is the primary reason for this invitation.

Next year the Lotus Ltd. Lotus Owners Gathering (LOG) will celebrate 25 years of our national club meeting. In the past, LOG has focused on a single car, a noted individual from Lotus history or a single event. Our 25th anniversary will focus on Lotus Ltd. and those things, which made Lotus great, namely racing. Not to take anything away from the road cars, as your scribe owns an Esprit, but we want to introduce the real legacy of Lotus to members who may not be familiar with racing history.

With this in mind, as the chairman of LOG 25 I’d like to personally invite those of you who own the open-wheel Lotus Formula cars, that are so much a part of our beloved marque’s history, to “Meet Me In St. Louis”. We have several showcase activities planned for Lotus Formula cars including the front row at the annual LOG concourse, a separate class for the concourse, special placing in the hotel lobby (space available), and my favorite part, a separate class only for Lotus Formula cars at our August 29th track day at Gateway International Raceway. I can see it now, twenty Lotus open-wheel racers running around Gateway’s road course like so many years ago.

Lotus 61 and 69 owner Kyle Kaulback and I are introducing this plan to get feedback from all of you to determine if there’s enough interest to make this happen for LOG 25. Please look at your August 2005 schedule, write in the dates August 26-29th to “Meet Me In St. Louis” for a celebration of all things Lotus including Lotus open-wheel racing.

You can contact Kyle Kaulback at (610) 777-1495 or myself at (314) 889-0572 or (314) 249-3770 to discuss details and determine if you can “Meet Me In St. Louis” for LOG 25.

Happy Lotusing,

Mark V. Pfeffer – Chairman LOG 25
Feffman@Yahoo.com
Feffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Dynwolf
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dynwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Dynwolf
Mark,

Has there been any luck getting Classic Team Lotus to participate in this? I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but who knows?

JM
Dynwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
462cid
AF Newbie

How did this go?

As a long time Jim Clark fan, Lotus, of course, is a favored marque of mine I'd like to lay my hands on a mid '60s Elan very much so I could pretend I am Jimmy for a bit

Anyway, if photos of the meet or a website URL for it is available, could a link to either be posted? Thanks
462cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
Feffman
Authorized Vendor

LOG 25 takes place August 26-29, 2005 in St. Louis. Clive Chapman of Classic Team Lotus will join us as Lotus Ltd's special guest.

Not only will Clive Chapman be Lotus Ltd's special guest for LOG 25 but former Team Lotus Chief Mechanic Bob Dance and Team Lotus mechanic Bob Sparshott will regale us with stories of Lotus F1 racing at both the Saturday evening banquet (Bob Dance) and Sunday evening banquet (Bob Sparshott). Luke Bennett, production operations manager from the Lotus factory will have a virtual tour of the factory at Hethel and updates on future models for us Saturday evening as well. John English,
President of Lotus Cars USA will chat with us on Friday evening at
the LOG 25 reception.

You can read a little about all the LOG guests at:
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/LOG/LOG25/speakers.html

Looking forward to seeing all of you at LOG 25! Visit us at:
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/LOG/LOG25/index.html

Mark Pfeffer - Chairman LOG 25
Feffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
462cid
AF Newbie

I wonder if it's possible to videotape the banquet?
462cid is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > General Discussion