Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #16
rwfisch
AF Newbie

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:17 PM   #17
BamaDodgenMX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BamaDodgenMX Send a message via Yahoo to BamaDodgenMX
Re: 89 dodge ram stalling-Please help!!!!

Does the engine flood to a stall or simply stall? For all of the advances with FI, I wish I could just play with a carb..
Old 12-22-2004, 07:13 PM   #18
rwfisch
AF Newbie

I'm not 100% sure, but I would have to say it just stalls.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:12 AM   #19
BamaDodgenMX
AF Enthusiast

If you're not sure, then it probably isn't flooding. Mine, you can tell when I'm coming to a stop or trying to idle it by the smell a ways away.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #20
rwfisch
AF Newbie

I still can't figure it out! I have since: changed coil, cleaned throttle body, repaired any vaccum lines that were questionable, and 02 sensor. It will idle fine for about 5 minutes and then start to bog down about 300 rpm then the idle motor will pick up the idle again. I disconnected the idle motor to make sure the bogging and surging wasn't because of a faulty idle motor- still dies. Antbody have any other ideas? Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #21
rwfisch
AF Newbie

I still haven't found the problem. I was at another site and was reading about a speed sensor problem on an 87 charger. The car acted just like my truck, so I went ahead and changed it and reset the computer and it didn't work. About a week ago, before I changed the sensor, I reset the computer to see if maybe the computer didn't learn some other sensors I changed. Before I reset it, it idled like crap just sitting there. After I reset it, I put it in drive with my foot on the brake until it reached op. temp. and it idled great until I drove it. I would've bet that it was the speed sensor, everything made sense when it's acting up like that's what it was. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 03:17 PM   #22
rwfisch
AF Newbie

Forgot to mention: The previous owner replaced the gas line from the tank to the fuel filter and used rubber hose instead. I know your not supposed to do it that way because the hose might collapse. However I don't think that could be it because, it would bog more when I was on the gas and starve fuel and not at idle when there is minimum fuel needed right? What about the thermostat? it usually runs about a quarter way past the "c" but has gotten up to about the middle. It seems like the further you drive the worse it gets. Thanks again.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #23
rwfisch
AF Newbie

Found it! It turned out to be the egr valve. Thanks everyone for your time and input.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #24
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Damn; EGR valve caused all that trouble? I'll be sure to remember that! It's a cheap fix, too, isn't it?
Old 01-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #25
rwfisch
AF Newbie

I knew it would turn out to be something stupid, and the state wonders why people rip off all of there emission parts, what a headache. Any way, all I did was block off the hose and block the egr off, runs perfect now. It would've been a $60 part. Can't wait for next inspection lol!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #26
hooptyram
AF Newbie

dodge stall

ok....i had to sigh up to this forum cause i can relate to too many of u guys...my ram...although it is a v6(for now) has a major stalling problem... however it is caused from excessive fuelbeing injected...the guy i bought it from said it wasa leaky throttle body, which i disagree...i believe it is error codes from a faulty sensor....that is why mine is running good on top end too....i bet if u pump your throttle it will choke up for a second, rev up, run good for a sec, and then settle back into its gargly routine. i don't know the codes yet but i plan on checking them if someone could send me the codes. i haven't found them yet online. also, i checked my timing and it was real jumpy. i gave it a tune up and adjusted the timing a little and it settled back to about ten degrees. but it was still putting out too much fuel.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #27
BamaDodgenMX
AF Enthusiast

hooptyram, there are a bunch of us with the same problem, and you nailed it. BTW, did anybody find the posts on the Dakota forum that were supposedly about this prob.? I looked, and then asked, but never found them or got any real help.

The '88 Project Pickup
Old 01-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #28
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

The posts on the Dak forum were things like "3.9 bogging at lights" and such. They were on there a couple months ago, but addressed the problem in detail.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #29
hooptyram
AF Newbie

anybody know about code 27

i did the check engine codes today and got the number 27....Injector circuit isn't switching when it's told to (TBI). anybody have any leads on this...a lot of people sya they changed everything, including computer, but still have the same problem
Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 AM   #30
race4time
AF Newbie

I've read a lot of high tech answers but the one solution that I have never seen anyone offer something as simple as a vacume leak. this can cause the rough idle, long crank hard start, stumbling when you tip into the throttle and sometimes won't throw a code especially on older vehicles. If it does it will throw a lean code.

An intake gasket leak can cause the same symptoms, cause a lean code. On V8 engine this is detectable by feeding propane gas through pcv hole in the valve cover with the valve out of line. If the engine revs with the gas, the lower gasket is leaking below the valve cover gasket...BE CAREFUL!!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10