Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
roadbum
AF Newbie

2012 Escape engine light

The engine light on my 2012 Escape (92,000) miles however when I took it to the local Auto zone to have them check with their tester nothing came up. They ran the tester twice but nothing came up. My initial guess was the EGR air sensor but again when the guy plugged the meter into the computer...nothing. Any ideas?
roadbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:22 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2012 Escape engine light

was the light still on when they checked it? if not, then it is a momentary problem and either you need to buy code checker of your own or immediately when it comes up run it to the nearest parts store to check. if the light was on and they read no code, then you will need to take it to a dealer to have it read, probably something in the body module that isn't read by a normal reader
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
roadbum
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65comet View Post
was the light still on when they checked it? if not, then it is a momentary problem and either you need to buy code checker of your own or immediately when it comes up run it to the nearest parts store to check. if the light was on and they read no code, then you will need to take it to a dealer to have it read, probably something in the body module that isn't read by a normal reader
The light was on when the guy at Auto Zone checked it, it came on a couple days before that. I suspected their code reader didn't have the proper Ford chip in the reader but you're right, probably have to take it in to the dealer.
roadbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:39 AM   #4
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

or if it's like mine it has gremlins in the wiring...my AirBag light comes on every now and then, the TPMS light comes on if someone sits in the back,and there is something else just cannot remember what it is but as soon as i turn the car off take key out and start the car again all lights stay off....i'm guessing that's the reason it was on a used car lot...now my transfer case seems to be leaking but everywhere i ask to have it repaired they say it's non-serviceable and will need to be replaced so i am looking at replacing the complete drive line from a 2010-2012 from the wrecker if they are interchangeable motor, trans,transfer case

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid