Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S60
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Paradisd
AF Newbie

Looking For Help With Abs Codes

I bought a new diagnostic scanner that will work on European cars. I had 3 stored codes for the ABS system.

0052 (BCM-0052)Control Module Internal Fault
01EE Please refer to vehicle service manual
FFFF Please refer to vehicle service manual

I cleared out the codes with the scanner but the first BCM-0052 did come back within a few moments. I do have a check engine light as well which I only have generic P codes for. I posted about those in another topic but they are P0504 and P0571.

I am looking to see if anyone knows about the ABS code? Is this regarding the ABS module attached to the spiderweb of brake lines coming off the ABS block? Sorry, not sure about the correct terminology but I'm sure you know what I mean. I had found someone who says they can rebuild some modules on 02 but it depends on which one is on my car. Can anyone tell me what part this code is referring to?

Thanks!
Paradisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
skeeter123
AF Regular

Re: Looking For Help With Abs Codes

BCM is your brake control module (yes its the one on the ABS block), sounds like with the internal fault it may need to be repaired/replaced. But check out this thread, could be your DEM (differential control module) since your getting transmission probs as well: http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=130991
skeeter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Paradisd
AF Newbie

I brought the car to a transmission shop who took a look at it. They diagnosed it as being a bad valve body which Volvo has a TSB regarding as being a common known problem in this year/model.

I found a place that may be able to rebuild the BCM for me. I wonder if they are able to do the same with the DEM if that is faulty as well. I did run a diagnostic check on the transmission and came back empty. There were no active, stored, or pending codes. I would imagine if the DEM was faulting, that would be part of the transmission system?

I am hoping the BCM fault is messing with the other systems and causing the check engine fault and hopefully the traction control as well. I do know the rear brakes are hardly working if at all. Even after driving it, the rotors still have a liberal amount of surface rust which should clean itself off after the first time braking. I am hoping the BCM is controlling the amount of fluid to the rear and thus causing my rear brakes to not operate correctly. The check engine light code with brake switch A brake switch B correlation may apply to this? The front brakes working properly but not the rear? Then again, I am so unfamiliar with Volvos that I may be so far out of the ball park it's not funny.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
skeeter123
AF Regular

I'm no expert... but you may have noticed this board is pretty slow... you should try posting your situation to matthewsvolvosite , brickboard , and sweedspeed . there are folks there that can help you.
skeeter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Paradisd
AF Newbie

I finally gave up on the car and sold it last night. I took a beating on it, but there was sooo many different things wrong with it and I simply didn't have an endless supply of money to throw at a car with 100k + on it. I don't think I will be buying another Volvo after seeing how unfriendly they are to repairing it yourself. I'll stick with my American cars.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S60