Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
232FIed
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 232FIed
HOW much should i ask for my 99 Mustang???

Ok. so i have this 35th anniversary Mustang, 3.8v6 automatic [ i know, not that fun, not that fancy] its in unbelievible shape. i left it real clean, i have mp3/cd panasonic deck [just got it installed two days ago] and some 6&1/2 inch audiobahn speakers in the back. i put an intake on it and a true dual exhaust setup from the cats back [no confussing y pipes] the usual plugs and wires, oil changed on schedule by me, i put on a set of 3.73 gears and after the saleen kit was put on i had it painted the stock ford yn code silver, no changes.

i had engine problems about a year ago [i guess alot of headgasket problems happen with the v6s] so i decided to swap out the 74000 mile engine with a 19000 mile 03 motor [i have the reciepts to show for it]. its damn near brand new, better than when i bought it. i have a set of 15 inch mustang rims with 70% tread snow tires, a set of 17 inch fittipaldi's with brand new michalin 255/40/zr17 94ys and an extra set of the same exact tires for the 'just in case purposes'.

if i decide to sell this, as good of condition as it is, what do you think i should ask for it? i really just want enough to buy a 93 300zx tt. i was thinking 8300. but my friends think 6300 is as much as anyones gonna wanna pay. all the girls agree its a beautiful car most of the guys think is slow and not worth anything over the 6 grand mark...

i went on kbb but it doesnt bring into consideration that it has a few look and feel modifications... although with only 19000 it gave me $8,610... so what am i to think? any ideas???

if anyone wants pictures or wants to make an offer. or has a serious thought about any of this. email me- runningprototype@hotmail.com
i live in pennsylvania-
232FIed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
smily157
AF Newbie

I was looking for a mustang for 6 months and could not find one for under $4000 that was a '96 or newer (that had under 100K miles). My experience with them is that Mustangs are a car that is in demand, people want mustangs and will pay to get them. I would say that $7000 is not too unreasonable, and if it doesn't sell within 3 weeks then lower it $500, but i doubt that i wouldn't sell.

And when looking on Kelly Blue Book, i would go with the miles on the odometer.
smily157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

Re: HOW much should i ask for my 99 Mustang???

You have to go with the odometer, because that is what people go by when they buy a car.
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: HOW much should i ask for my 99 Mustang???

my friend got $7500 for his '99 that had been in 2 accidents and had the ugly 3 spoke 15's. I think it had about 60k on it when he sold it. I think you could get at least that if you include the rims despite your higher mileage.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A