Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
java_junkie
AF Newbie

Exclamation Estimated Labor Costs/Please Respond!!!

Since my last thread has had no replies, and I really need information, I'm going to try another route.

Does anyone have an estimated idea on what the labor cost is to clean a car engine (2001, Daewoo Nubira V6), and install a new car computer? I've looked up the cost of a new ECM, which is anywhere from $150-350, but what would the labor costs be?

These are the two major things I really need to know. I'm on a very tight budget, and need to decide which is better financially. Forking over the money for these two repairs, or just buying a new car.

Someone Please Respond!!!!!
java_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

Re: Estimated Labor Costs/Please Respond!!!

Are you sure you need a new ECM?

I have seen $3.5K put into a car, because of random misfires, the problem was a dirty fuel filter.

Try cleaning engine yourself with a spray break dust cleaner when the engine is cold, save $120hr.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
java_junkie
AF Newbie

The mechanic I've taken the car to for several years, said that if after cleaning the engine, some of the electrical gadgets and things, that a new ECM would be the only way to go.

I think something is misfiring or a wiring issue, as it's not the only electrical thing wrong with my car. Just about everything is failing.

And so...when you said save $120.00, is that about what it would cost to clean the engine? Or replace the computer? The more info I get the better decision I can make. Please let me know!

Sorry I can't give great info on my end, not very car minded, but still a smart woman.

Oh, the reason for the new ECM is because the check engine light goes off and on, and the only code is for the EGR valve. I've had everything cleaned, fixed, replaced to do with that and everything associated with it. And this check engine light thing has been happening for years. Usually there isn't a thing wrong with my car.
java_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

The Exhaust Recycled Gas (EGR) has gas passages going into the Intake that get block with gunk, causing ''Insufficent flow'' to the EGR.

I picked up a Towncar for nothing years ago with the same problem, the dealership charged the woman $500 for nothing.

The EGR gas passages were blocked, I had it fixed in 20min.

1) Have the local Auto Parts store pull Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for Free.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cleaning , costs , ecm , engine , labor
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira