Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Previa
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
snaqvi
AF Newbie

91 Previa fuel problem leading to not running on all pistons

I am a newbie but found so many useful answers to problems like mine on this forum so I think IT MAY JUST WORK. I have a ‘91 2WD Previa since three years. It has served me well. About a month ago, I was cruising around 60 mph when all of a sudden it started losing power as if it had run out of gas when there was plenty. It was a very cold night. After inspection, I found that one of the spark plug wire was broken. I replaced the set and ignition cap. It started after a lot of self cranking only at high rpm. I was about 5 miles away from home so I thought I can make it but after getting hot it started losing power again and sounded like at least one piston is not firing. It shut off just before reaching home. I pushed the car home. Spark plug wires were intact but there was a lot of gas in two of the spark plugs. I checked the ignition and replaced the wires again. She won’t start again. Has not had the strength to work on it since then. I really miss my van. Please please help.
snaqvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
gertis
AF Newbie

Re: 91 Previa fuel problem leading to not running on all pistons

did you replace the dist rotor as well?
gertis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Previa