Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Previa
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
drew51074
AF Newbie

94 s/c previa running rough

hey guys, i've just picked up a 94 previa s/c a couple days ago and i've been having this issue with the engine. when i first start her up, she's runs great. plenty of power, fast as a bullet, very responsive. as she warms up, the throttle response starts to fade. the engine studders and misses. soon at normal running temp i basically have to go wide open throttle for it to move out of its own way. im thinking i should start with a basic tune up, but when she is cold, she runs great! any ideas??
drew51074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
drew51074
AF Newbie

Re: 94 s/c previa running rough

update... ok, new plugs, wires, fuel filter, dizzy cap and rotor, cold air intake, valve cover gasket, oil change, the full tune works. No difference!! i start her up in the morning and she runs great. when she warms up, the spitting and sputterin starts. now that i have a cold air intake installed, i've notice a loud deep growl coming from the supercharger. when she's cold and runnig good, i dont hear that noise, but when she starts acting up, the growlin starts. its wide open throttle or she wont move out of her own way. i have one ODII code that pops up for a bad knock sensor. would that cause these symptoms?? i cant wait to figure this problem out she runs great for about 5-10 minutes. im hoping its not the knock sensor. the only way to replace it is to remove the engine!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
drew51074
AF Newbie

ok, the knock sensor was the culprit. i removed the passenger side motor mount so i could lower the engine just enought to see the knock sensor and guess what? its not plugged it!!! i hook it up and she's runnin great!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
gertis
AF Newbie

Hey, glad you got it fixed. thanks for the info. it will help a lot of previa owners.
gertis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Previa