Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #1
chryslo
AF Newbie

2000 Town & Country w/3.8l

Minivan runs fine on the road, but when I stop and try to leave the stopped position it just shuts down --- I wait 2-3 minutes and it will start up and run until I stop again. I took it to a shop and their ($650.00) diagnosis was that fuel pump pressure was good and even though the check-engine light did not come on they wanted to replace "defective cam & crank sensors and clean dirty injectors". The shop did not even try to duplicate the problem --- it seems that they are depending only on the handy dandy diagnostic tester results to increase profit from mark-up on parts and using minimum amount of labor while charging at least $100.00/hour --- Shucks, they could have left the van idling for an hour while the technician worked on another car.
I have replaced the EGR valve, Idle Air Valve and cleaned the throttle body (the parts that this 80-year old can reach from above).
What tests can I perform during the short time I can crank the engine while it is shut down? Maybe I can rent the test equipment I need. This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any suggestions --- Frank

Last edited by chryslo; 08-14-2018 at 11:49 PM. Reason: clarify tests while engine is not running
chryslo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager