Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Woofcat
AF Newbie

Sunroof Stuck

The sunroof on my 1994 Q45 is stuck shut, but I can still hear the motor. Just prior to that, it had a tendency to stop 3 inches before closing. I'd have to tap down the wind deflector to complete the cycle.

Will that wench tool mentioned in the owners manual open it?

After I get it open, would it help to just remove the wind deflector, and is that easy to do?
Woofcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
maxnix
AF Regular

Exclamation Re: Sunroof Stuck

No! It is all about keeping the rails clean and lubricated, the seals preserved and the drains open.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
ppastos
AF Newbie

Re: Sunroof Stuck

I agree with Brian!

Go to your local grocery store and buy a 500 pack of Q-tips. Use as many as you can in all area's of the sun roof to clean the old grease. Then go to NAPA or any other place that carries Sil Glyde or white lithium grease if your a OEM only guy.

Make sure the rails are clean enough to eat off of before you apply new grease, no joke about it.

The good thing about Sil Glyde is that its almost clear as compared to white lithium grease.
ppastos is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45