Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
RachelH1018
AF Newbie

Passenger seat won't lock

I have a 2002 Grand Am Coupe. My passenger seat won't lock. I make everyone who rides get in the back through the driver's side door because if I move the passenger side seat, it won't lock. Whoever ends up riding there slides back and forth and that can't be very safe! The seat has a bar thingy in front of it that supposed to lock it in place, and it won't budge. Would this be an easy fix or would I have to replace the entire seat? Also, my driver side seat has an electronic button on the side that makes it go up or down. I'm only 5'1" so it comes in handy. The motor makes an awful noise when up push the switch. It also won't work anymore. I'm beginning to think I have a lemon. How much would it cost to get that fixed?

One more question... My cig lighter won't work. I cannot charge my cell phone. I'm guessing that is a fuse problem? Where is the fuse box located?
RachelH1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: Passenger seat won't lock

On the pass seat, look under it and see if anything is loose.
Should be a wire/rod that engauges the lock mech in the side rails, if this is stuck or loose it wont lock and the seat will move around. Also a spring that can break or come loose.

Should be fixable without buying a new seat.

On the drivers seat motor, again you'll have to take a look under the seat and see if things are loose or blocking the motor from moving.
Both of these are typical when things get pushed under the seat(s).
My children are good about stuffing thier beverage bottles under mine and jambing the seat mech or knocking of some.

The cig lighter fuse is in the under hood fuse box, think its #34, the lid to this box says which is which also.

Hope that helps and Happy Holidays!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM