Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > CLR
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 10:06 AM   #1
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Clr?

what is a clr?
anyone have a pic

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:30 PM   #2
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

haven't you ever used CLR? i forget what the C stands for but you use it to clean... the L-lime, r- rust

lol, j/k this is a picture of a Mercedes CLR, i think it's a Lemans car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clr.jpg (64.7 KB, 444 views)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
How is it different from the CLK-GTR?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:33 PM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
How is it different from the CLK-GTR?
i dunno, i just got the picture

actually, here's a website that explains the differences between it and the CLK-LM (The Lemans version CLK-GTR):
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/benz.htm
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-29-2001, 07:47 AM   #5
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
holy sh!t
that's a nice car. What's the specs on it?
Also, the CLK-GTR has a different grille, without the symbol in the grille itself. It sticks out of the hood like the S class

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:31 AM   #6
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
haven't you ever used CLR? i forget what the C stands for but you use it to clean... the L-lime, r- rust
C stands for calcium! lol...

Poor MB and their failed efforts at Le Mans. Forget rolling, I've never seen a vehicle so prone to flipping backwards. Perhaps this is why so many prototype racers are choosing open-car designs to further emulate an F1's aerodynamics (hmm.. Audi's best trick in the book?). Over and over again they flipped the beasts like a silver dollar; it's no wonder why they pulled out of the Le Mans series to focus their attention on the F1 campaign (which was lost to Ferrari the following year!). What is becoming of the Silver Arrow in the racing department?
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 12:51 AM   #7
MOE20
Banned

Clr is nice

but the CLK-GTR is a legend its priced it $1,000,000 (YA ONE MILLION DOLLARS US) there is also a car thats priced it $2.5 mil and the beautiful MCLAUREN AT $2 MIL
HAVE U GUYS SINCE THE BUGATTI VEYRON 18/4 OR THE LOTEC SIRUS
THEY HAVE MORE THEN 1,000 HP THE VEYRON HAS 1,001 AND THE SIRUS HAS 1,334 HP THAT A BUMMER 4 THE BEATIFUL LAMBO AND THE FERRARI
MOE20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 01:28 AM   #8
PLAYA_20
Banned

Arrow SEEMS THE LAMBO & FERRARI ARE AT DA TOP OF THERE GAME

FERRARI AND LAMBO R KICKIN IT THE BEST PROBALY AT 2003 WILL BE THE FERRARI AND THE BEST IN 2004 WILL BE THE LAMBO WHAT I SAY TOP OF GAME IN V-12
PLAYA_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 07:00 PM   #9
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: Clr is nice

Quote:
Originally posted by MOE20
but the CLK-GTR is a legend its priced it $1,000,000 (YA ONE MILLION DOLLARS US) there is also a car thats priced it $2.5 mil and the beautiful MCLAUREN AT $2 MIL
HAVE U GUYS SINCE THE BUGATTI VEYRON 18/4 OR THE LOTEC SIRUS
THEY HAVE MORE THEN 1,000 HP THE VEYRON HAS 1,001 AND THE SIRUS HAS 1,334 HP THAT A BUMMER 4 THE BEATIFUL LAMBO AND THE FERRARI
man what are you talkin about?? The CLK-GTR is 1.5 million and i mclaren is 1 million
and the veyron is actually called the 16/4 because it has 16 cylinders and 4 turbos on it
Old 04-01-2002, 06:28 PM   #10
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Clr is nice

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
man what are you talkin about??
I had a hard time figuring that out as well.
Old 04-06-2002, 02:53 AM   #11
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

I've got a question that has been puzzling me for some time.

We know that Mercedes-Benz redesigned their LMP racecar and renamed it from CLK-GTR to CLR. We also know that the CLK-GTR has a traditional horizontal grille and upright silver arrow emblem, while the CLR has the less seen "big logo on grille" fashion, normally reserved for 2-door production models such as the SL, SEC, S-coupe, and CL.

My question is, was it MB's intention to have the CLK-GTR look like it was based on the production CLK, and the CLR mimic the production CL? The names match up the right way, but if you look at the rear of the CLR, it still has the CLK-esque taillamps. Perhaps they didn't feel it was necessary to change the rear to get the point across, much like Porsche when they revamped their 993-like LMP GT1 to have 996 features, they left the 993 A-pillars alone, instead of sweeping it back further a la 996.

Anyone have a definite answer? Here are some photo comparisons between LMP and production models:

CLK-class and CLK-GTR:

CL-class and CLR:

Any thoughts?
Old 04-06-2002, 02:56 AM   #12
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Ouch. Results from flipping:

Old 06-09-2002, 09:15 AM   #13
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

the CLK-GTR lightly resembles the CLK, and i think it may have also competed in either the FIA GT series or the LeMans series. The CLR is just the next generation of the racer, nothing to do with the CL. Not much is known about the CLR, apart from the fact it was a complete embarassment. The CLK-GTR road version was sold at $1,000,000, all of the 25 made losing money. They were sold because the regulations stated 25 production models had to be made and sold at $1,000,000 or less in order for them to be allowed to enter their race cars. The road going cars use the older 6.7 V12 used in 1997, putting out 612 hp in road trim. From 1998, a lighter weight V8 replaced the V12 in the race cars, but no road cars were ever made with this engine

1997 CLK-GTR with 6.7 V12

1999 CLR with 6.0 (i think) V8
Old 06-09-2002, 12:54 PM   #14
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
The CLK-GTR road version was sold at $1,000,000, all of the 25 made losing money. They were sold because the regulations stated 25 production models had to be made and sold at $1,000,000 or less in order for them to be allowed to enter their race cars.
The CLK-GTR was actually sold for 1.4-1.5 million dollars
More than a Mclaren F1
Old 06-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #15
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Mercedes sold them at 2.6 million deutsch marks before tax, which is 1 million British pounds, or about 1.3 million US dollars. You then have to add tax, which is where the extra 200000 dollars comes from to make 1.5 million. Sorry, i was getting pounds and dollars mixed up