Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Viper99991
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Viper99991
If you live in illinois about side mirrors ext. if u live in other states let me know

IF your live in Illinois you can run your wrangler with the doors off as long as u have the rearveiw mirror in place here is the the term illinois uses from the books them selfs

(625 ILCS 5/12‑502) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑502)
Sec. 12‑502. Mirrors. Every motor vehicle, operated singly or when towing another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle.
(Source: P.A. 82‑122.)

HOpe this helps It took me only 5 minutse to find this if u need me to look up your state ask and i will for free of course print this out so if a police officer says u cant givbe him a copy of this i made sure to include the numbers and everything good luck
Viper99991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
Viper99991
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Viper99991
Re: If you live in illinois about side mirrors ext. if u live in other states let me know

here it is from a police officer it self

Jeep with no side mirrors

Sergeant Ness, I have a quick question for you. I have a Jeep Wrangler, and during the summer I put the top down and take the doors off. When the doors are off, I have no Driver or passenger side mirrors. My questions is, is it legal to drive with only my rearview mirror or do I need at least one or both side mirrors? Thanks,

ILCS 5/12-502 specifies that a rear view mirror must be present that allows the driver to see a view of at least 200 feet behind the vehicle. As long as you aren't pulling a boat or other trailer that obstructs your windshield mounted mirror's view, you are meeting the requirement without the door mirrors.

thanks hope this helps everyone
Viper99991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: If you live in illinois about side mirrors ext. if u live in other states let me know

Sounds good. But here in VA and to our south in NC, you have to have at least a driver's side mirror. There are many available in different catalogs, they clip onto the hinge where the door was removed.
fredjacksonsan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #4
stangfreak7
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stangfreak7
yeah as fred said, in NC we have to have at least one side view mirror on. Many of my friends in college have been pulled and ticketed for this one. Luckily in my CJ i dont have to worry about this one
stangfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler