Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Mcheleb
AF Newbie

2001 Plymouth neon humming noise

I have a 2001 Plymouth neon that started making this loud humming noise and vibration felt after I had Freon put in. It started one day as I was sitting at a traffic light, then I noticed it again as I was pulling out of a parking space. I checked under the hood cause the ac would blow cold for about a hour then it would start blowing hot air. I noticed that the high port side line would freeze up for about two minutes and then evaporate. I had my mechanic to check it and he said that the guy put in to much Freon in. He also heard the noise as the car was just sitting idle. He had me to turn the air off and then back on. Checked the fans and Compressor and all are working correctly and advised me that something was remaining open, can't remember the exact name. So he removed all the Freon from car and it still made the noise. So then he removed the ac fuse and the car has been running fine every since but no ac. I talked with a friend of mine that is also a mechanic and he said it sounded like my ac drier needed to be replaced along with the high port side line. I have been doing all kind of research and I seen where people are taking about the ac expansive valve, could this have something to do with the loud humming noise coming from the passenger side motor area? Please help.
Mcheleb is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon