Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
pete150
AF Newbie

coolant leak 06 pacifca

I have a small drip coming from the passenger side of the engine. I have determined it is coolant. I have had to and coolant this past weekend. This morning I started it and let it run for about 20 min and when I got back in the motor was up to temp like normal but still blowing cold air from the vents. Once I put it in drive and took off down the road it started blowing the hot air. The temperature of motor never rose and cont to blow warm air. Without really taking stuff apart I cannot see where the leak is coming from. It looks to be down below the water pump area. Thinking maybe a gasket or something. I found a additive for leak repairs like this. Anyone experience something similar? And any thoughts on trying some stop leak?
Thanks
pete150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
jerryg2112
AF Regular

Re: coolant leak 06 pacifca

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete150 View Post
I have a small drip coming from the passenger side of the engine. I have determined it is coolant. I have had to and coolant this past weekend. This morning I started it and let it run for about 20 min and when I got back in the motor was up to temp like normal but still blowing cold air from the vents. Once I put it in drive and took off down the road it started blowing the hot air. The temperature of motor never rose and cont to blow warm air. Without really taking stuff apart I cannot see where the leak is coming from. It looks to be down below the water pump area. Thinking maybe a gasket or something. I found a additive for leak repairs like this. Anyone experience something similar? And any thoughts on trying some stop leak?
Thanks

Recently I did a timing belt on my 2005 3.5l Pacifica. I bought the kit with the water pump since it was 8 years old and I would have easy access to it. Makes sense to change it also. I found out that the water pump is part of the timing loop. Since the 3.5 is a zero clearance engine, I was surprised to see it in the loop since a water pump failure could cause smashed valves. Since I'm not an engineer, what do I know? Anyway, the water pump instructions said the the water pump is designed to leak a small amount and that after installation a leaky pump was normal. I also found dried up coolant under my old one. It's possible that the leak you have is normal and part of the design. I would look more in to it in case yours is excessive and maybe a sign of a eminent failure. Either way I would stay away from the stop leak and make sure that your coolant was in good shape since it is the bearing lubricant too.
jerryg2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica