Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
sxdc
AF Newbie

ABS Light Stays On.

I have a 2005 Pacifica with about 155k km. The ABS light was intermittently coming on but now stays on. I had it scanned for fault codes. It has a Left front sensor Circuit Failure code. The logical problem is the Lt front ABS sensor so I changed it and cleared the code. The light stayed on. Scanned it again and the same fault code is there, so the next logical problem is the tone ring which is part of the hub/bearing assy. So I changed it and cleared the code. The light stays on. The next thing to check is wiring or the actual ABS computer module. The wiring and connectors all look fine. Also, when I say we cleared the code, I mean we tried to clear the code. I had 3 separate places try to clear the code but it never cleared the light and always stayed on. The last place was the dealer where they used the actual Chrysler Scanner. Is it odd they couldn't clear the code? Shouldn't it clear and if there is still a problem it would show up again as it is driven? Would this indicate a wiring or circuit problem?

Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers
sxdc is offline   Reply With Quote