Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
Finbarviz
AF Newbie

Unhappy Espace - wet carpets

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can assist with my problem.

Purchased an Espace in Feb this year - 1995 2.0 RN Family. Already spent a small fortune on getting one part replaced in the local Renault dealers - idle control valve.

No we have a small puddle of water in the drivers footwell everytime we have rain. The carpet is now starting to smell and will probably need replacing before too long - a job I really do not want to do!!!

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I should check - drain holes/pipes - haven't found any of these yet!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kevin
Finbarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
wiltay
AF Newbie

Re: Espace - wet carpets

check the quarter light glass . mine came unstuck and leaked water . local rac took it out and stuck it back in £25 .
wiltay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
Smirn
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Espace - wet carpets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltay
check the quarter light glass . mine came unstuck and leaked water . local rac took it out and stuck it back in £25 .
More likely to be the sunroofs, or if you have a sweet smell it is a leaky heater matrix.
Smirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
armelle
AF Newbie

Hi Kevin,
I read with interest your posting as I face exactly the same problem with my Espace ie water on the floor on the driver's side. We tried to clear all the ventilation outlets and other obvious causes but to no avail. Two replies suggest it comes from the quarter light glass. Did you try to replace it ? Did it work ? If not, did you find another solution to this most annoying problem ?
I know it was a long time ago but if you could help with this it would be much appreciated. Thanking you.
Armelle
armelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
kryten2x4p
AF Newbie

I have a water leak from the sunroof. depending on which way the car leans when parked will decide which side the water leaks in. Usually tho the leak in this case is noticed on the seats so it could be the quarter light glass, but also check under the vehicle for holes caused by rust or missing blanking plates

No A/C no rear E/W
90000 miles
good runner
kryten2x4p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace