Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
brando590
AF Newbie

1/12 scale Lamborghini Countach

I've been looking all over for this kit. Saw one on ebay but it got away from me. Its a testors 1/12 scale from the late 80s early 90s. Black and marble print on the box. I ran into a post about it in oct. someone called stevemgrr. Anyone got one they want to sell?
brando590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
taliesen
AF Regular

Re: 1/12 scale Lamborghini Countach

I'm actually starting one of these today . . . . but you can also look on e-bay for the Doyusha one - it's the same kit (my Testor's sprues all say Doyusha). The one advanatage of the Doyusha appears to be the decal sheet - the Testor's one is very limited, and doesn't even have the emblems on it. The Doyusha has a bunch of options for race versions, apparently, but I'm not sure about the logos.

Be forewarned, they're labelled as LP500S, but they're not - appears to actually be modelled after the first Walter Wolf special LP400S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-12-Doyusha-Lam...1%7C240%3A1318
taliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
brando590
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen
I'm actually starting one of these today . . . . but you can also look on e-bay for the Doyusha one - it's the same kit (my Testor's sprues all say Doyusha). The one advanatage of the Doyusha appears to be the decal sheet - the Testor's one is very limited, and doesn't even have the emblems on it. The Doyusha has a bunch of options for race versions, apparently, but I'm not sure about the logos.

Be forewarned, they're labelled as LP500S, but they're not - appears to actually be modelled after the first Walter Wolf special LP400S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-12-Doyusha-Lam...1%7C240%3A1318
Thanks for the info. I built that kit when i was like 10 or 11 and it took me over a year but it looked pretty damn professional. I lost it and everything else in hurricane andrew in 92 and ive been looking for another one for about a year now to build with my son.

-Brando
brando590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
rj120413
AF Newbie

Does anyone have a copy or the willingness to make a copy of the instructions for the Testors/Dyousha 1/12 Lamborghini? I bought one at an estate sale and was excited to get started, but I am missing steps 8 - - 64. Book is incomplete. Thanks.
rj120413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
taliesen
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj120413
Does anyone have a copy or the willingness to make a copy of the instructions for the Testors/Dyousha 1/12 Lamborghini? I bought one at an estate sale and was excited to get started, but I am missing steps 8 - - 64. Book is incomplete. Thanks.
I have the Testor's version and can help. There are a few small notations I made on mine, hope that won't be a bother . . ,

Just to make sure it covers the same things as your version, my step 7 is "Compressor Mount", mounting parts B12 and C13 to the engine block. Step 65 is "Luggage Lid (Front), mounting A1 to the body. Does that synch up with what you've got?

Current projects:
1/12 Testors Lamborghini - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=930745

Completed projects:
1/12 Porsche 934 Turbo RSR - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=933988

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
rj120413
AF Newbie

YEah, Basically all the drivetrain portion and some of the interior. That would be great.
rj120413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
taliesen
AF Regular

RJ - a PM has been sent.

Current projects:
1/12 Testors Lamborghini - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=930745

Completed projects:
1/12 Porsche 934 Turbo RSR - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=933988

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #8
dino246gt
AF Regular

I've just started to dis-assemble and rebuild the kit I built decades ago, so I NEED the four decals for the airbox covers, anyone able to point me in the right direction or have a copy I can buy??? Thank you, Dennis e-mail:
dennis@atdhouseandgarden.com
dino246gt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling