Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Ozarkwelder
AF Newbie

Wiring problems

I have a 2000 Chevy K3500 4X4 duelly, since I’ve bought it, it has always had some form of wiring issue, interior lights don’t work, electric mirrors don’t work, so on and so on, I had a ignition put in by someone else and have had nothing but problems since, I’ve had two computers put in and have had it reprogrammed twice and have come to the conclusion that it has to do with the security in the truck from what I’ve read, so I have decided to try and take this on myself, I have taken out most of the dash to acces the wiring, my goal is to completely bypass the security and get everything working as it should be. So I have three questions how do I get a complete step by step process to take the dash completely out, because I have found nothing on YouTube and google? How do I bypass the security without spending $200-$500 on a bypass module? And what would be the most efficient way to track down everything that doesn’t work and get it back in working order?
Ozarkwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
brcidd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wiring problems

I bypass Passkey II (yours) with a gmata II module- $14 off ebay- It is designed for remote starters- but I ground it permanently so it activates with key or remote starter- done it on maybe a dozen GM trucks- works great...you can also do it with resistors if you are handy at soldering and using a DVM.

There is NO bypassing the BCM/ECM because it looks for the security signal from the PASSKEY II-- so don't think you can bypass it with just wires--unless of course you pull out the entire PCM/BCM and run it like a truck out of the 70's . fuel injection HAS to have a PCM- as well as every other controlled feature-- so the bypass of the PASSKEY II is the way to go..

The instructions come with the module- as to which wires to cut and attach. and there is no dash pull....
'99 GMC Yukon
'95 Chev 3500, 454 Dually Crew Cab- 145k miles-
Wife's Camel trailer puller.
'94 Astro- 370k miles
'94 Firebird Formula- 5.7L 180k miles- gone-
'92 Chevy Lumina Van 3.8L 264k
'86 GMC S-15 - 2.8L 154k
'87 Buick Park Ave . 187k
'86 Buick Park Ave 3.8L 199k miles- gone
'77 Chevy Vega- 2.5L 175k miles gone but not forgotten
'68 Camaro 396 4 spd RS/SS -72k miles-
brcidd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brcidd For This Useful Post:
Ozarkwelder (07-15-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Ozarkwelder
AF Newbie

[quote=brcidd;7211488]I bypass Passkey II (yours) with a gmata II module- $14 off ebay- It is designed for remote starters- but I ground it permanently so it activates with key or remote starter- done it on maybe a dozen GM trucks- works great...you can also do it with resistors if you are handy at soldering and using a DVM.

There is NO bypassing the BCM/ECM because it looks for the security signal from the PASSKEY II-- so don't think you can bypass it with just wires--unless of course you pull out the entire PCM/BCM and run it like a truck out of the 70's . fuel injection HAS to have a PCM- as well as every other controlled feature-- so the bypass of the PASSKEY II is the way to go..

The instructions come with the module- as to which wires to cut and attach. and there is no dash pull....[/QUOTE

I found a GMATA III on eBay I couldn’t find the II do you think this would serve the same purpose? I had GM padlock I&II vats bypass module
Old 07-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
Ozarkwelder
AF Newbie

I found a GMATA III on eBay I couldn’t find the II do you think this would serve the same purpose? It has GM padlock I&II vats bypass module

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado